Wane to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Wane to go

Post by cpwigan »

menpond wrote:There no benefit on always having a young side. We need to WIN,OK?? OLD will do ,but we need to start winning.
I think the idea is we win and carry on winning for longer with a young side but talk is cheap as they say and nobody remembers losers.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

cpwigan wrote:
menpond wrote:There no benefit on always having a young side. We need to WIN,OK?? OLD will do ,but we need to start winning.
I think the idea is we win and carry on winning for longer with a young side but talk is cheap as they say and nobody remembers losers.
I thought you had him on ignore??
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Indeed I do but I can also choose as and when I see fit to read posts by anybody either temporarily or permanently. What concern is it of yours?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Tuigamala wrote:I think your all very silly to be wanting Wane's head after that match. The team was very well prepared the game was played at an incredible speed, unfotunatley it looks like the game was decided by yet another bent video ref decision so you cant blame the lads or the coach for that. Ok there were a couple of poor performances but there were far more positive performances. The lads played for the shirt and the badge last night and we cant ask for more than that. Gutted not to have won but il be back when we go again next year. :D
What worries me is how or why we couldn't turn our amount of goal line attacking into points on Saturday.
We looked harmless at times.
Kicking game at last tackle was dire.
We've often looked lacking ideas in try line attack this season and it needs to change or we're going to struggle for silverware.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Time Hampshire was given a go
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Now that is just being silly Meds :wink:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:Time Hampshire was given a go
Pre season this has got to be done and I would go as far as the World series games as well. With Smith interchanging with MM. It needs finding out asap if both can play together at the SL level.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:Time Hampshire was given a go
Not biting meds. :wink:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Waney won't go, he'll be here next season.
However, if we go out of the C Cup next year as we have these past two seasons then he will become very vulnerable.

We have to pick up more wins away from home, as we may well not go through next season unbeaten at home.
Hope we do but we may not!

Also we have to improve from the same old, same old that we've dished up these past two seasons.
Same old squad selection, same old team selection, same old game plan/tactics, same old interchanges.
We were sussed out in 2014 yet continued in 2015. If it doesn't improve for 2016 then we could be in real trouble with results.

Our best away results were at Newcastle v Leeds when MM played the 80 and we won convincingly. Then at Wire where we won 0-28. That night George went to 9 when MM went off with Hampshire to 6. Both changes worked brilliantly and as I mentioned gave us our best away wins of the season.
Having worked and won, those interchages were never tried again.

If we continue with same old then SW will make himself very vulnerable indeed.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Apparently IL believes we will be fabulous next season and two years of NOTHING will all be worth it :o