feeling robbed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OAMJSONA

Re: feeling robbed

Post by OAMJSONA »

what is the point of having the video ref /refs if they cannot make a simple decision as a blatant knock on - I am telling you now Thaler was told make sure Leeds win the game simple as -

I now call for the video ref to done away with and make the officials on the pitch make decisions weather they be wrong or right

at no stage yesterday did I think we where out of the game even when 16-6 down

But hey life goes on
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

stevethegas wrote:Just watched the 'lowlights' again after reading reports on the BBC website and the Guardian. Both say the knock on was just that. Just like the 2 that St. Kev did at Leeds in the super 8s from which they scored. When is a knock on not a knock on - when it's Leeds.
Thaler said Joel gave a forward pass near the end, which was flat at worst.

Garbage by the RFL. Normally I'd say Thaler was OK, but however honourable and sporting one wishes to be, we were cheated, not so much by Leeds as by the system.

I don't think you're being fair to the ref. Or Leeds. We're all deverstated by the loss. But Leeds won. Fact. Regarding the alleged forward pass. You say at worst,and that is to the point,it was flat. The criteria involved in the refs decision is the pass from Joel's hands wasn't backwards ergo flat passes infringe the rules. Cummings,to his credit explained this at the time and even corrected Stevo when he intermated the non existent momentum rule. To refer to the incident has a forward pass is to introduce an unnecessary ambiguity which misleads many in incidents to which you refer.
tommoore

Post by tommoore »

I've said it for a few seasons now that the referees are very poor, and I'm sorry but the rfl need to pay some of the cash Leeds shipped there way to win the treble to better coaching for the officials!
ian.birchall

Re: Injustice

Post by ian.birchall »

Kiwiseddon wrote:Yes we made many mistakes and bombed several chances. The ref decisions should not be so important but the simple statistical truth is that Leeds won by 2 points and should never have been awarded 6 of them.
I don't know whether it's just my myopic cynicism but Wigan were never going to win that game. There was no way that the Rugby League were going to allow Sir bloody 40/20 and his Royal Highness JP to go off without a win. I honestly believe that the RFL have cheated Wigan out of a title tonight. On what planet wasn't that a knock on?!?!?
I feel cheated, robbed and completely f***ed off.
Nah Kiwi not 6 points. As Toby said when Sir Kev (or is it King Kev now) when Sinfield missed the conversion kick that was Gods opinion of the decision that it wasn't a try so not 6 but 4 points so we won by 2.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

To be fair to Thaler, who I thought had a good game, he went to his touchjudge and asked him. The tj said try and so he sent it up to the video refs as such. They then had to prove conclusively that it was a knock on. IMO it was but from one of the angles it looked to have gone back. Had it been sent up as no try then I suspect it would have been turned down. We weren't smart enough in that final 15 minutes, giving away three penalties thus having no good field position. Matty Smiths kicking game was poor, but we need backup for that, Leeds had Sinfield, Burrow and McGuire all giving them kicking options.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

That knock on/try incident has been a knock on since I started watching a very long time ago.
I'm in no doubt that the match officials were "less inclined" to give Wigan decisions and "greatly inclined" to give Leeds the decisions.

Going back to the halcyon days when we won the double so many times, back then referees won us games with dodgy decisions that the team would not have won.
The GF was the time when it was Leeds turn to benefit from those dodgy decisions.

What was remarkable was that we only lost with two points.
A lot of effort and skill from the players in overcoming that adversity kept us in the game.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wiganer Ted wrote:That knock on/try incident has been a knock on since I started watching a very long time ago.
I'm in no doubt that the match officials were "less inclined" to give Wigan decisions and "greatly inclined" to give Leeds the decisions.

Going back to the halcyon days when we won the double so many times, back then referees won us games with dodgy decisions that the team would not have won.
The GF was the time when it was Leeds turn to benefit from those dodgy decisions.

What was remarkable was that we only lost with two points.
A lot of effort and skill from the players in overcoming that adversity kept us in the game.
Interesting.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

One aspect I feel is wrong about finals is having referees as TJs. Child would be overly keen to make decisions and he called the Try whereas an experienced TJ would be more likely to say Check it.

Interestingly Stuart Cummings reaction was knock on.

IMO it was a knock on but not the reason we lost the GF; we had 50 minutes to turn it around. I do not think we played that well nor did Leeds albeit they defended well or at least with what they faced.
craig87x

Post by craig87x »

We all knew before the game that all 50/50 calls would be going to Leeds. This is obviously irritating. Having watched *that* try again (and again and again and again) though, I'm satisfied that it did not cost us the match. In fact, we lost the match for many of the same reasons we've struggled all season. We're just not good enough at present and the fact we nearly won the GF & LLS at all just shows how poor the overall standard of SL is atm. One consolation though, Leeds treble is just that little bit more hollow than it could have been considering the league standard is way off what it was when some other clubs completed the treble.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

craig87x wrote:We all knew before the game that all 50/50 calls would be going to Leeds. This is obviously irritating. Having watched *that* try again (and again and again and again) though, I'm satisfied that it did not cost us the match. In fact, we lost the match for many of the same reasons we've struggled all season. We're just not good enough at present and the fact we nearly won the GF & LLS at all just shows how poor the overall standard of SL is atm. One consolation though, Leeds treble is just that little bit more hollow than it could have been considering the league standard is way off what it was when some other clubs completed the treble.
Exactly, even when we were behind and had some time to get the victory we were like headless chickens! Compare that with Leeds who snatched victories from defeats with seconds / play remaining. A bad decision by officials gave us 50 minutes to put it right.