feeling robbed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: feeling robbed

Post by Mike »

We also got a big, incorrect call near to the Leeds line. Ryan Hall was adjudged to have knocked on when gathering a kick through. Video's showed he hadn't knocked on, it came off his knees and Leeds retained the ball. The call gave us the ball inside the Leeds 20. We didn't go on to score the match winning try and Leed's fans didn't go on to discuss for weeks why the game was fixed. But if we had scored they would still be calling it a fix. Just like we are now.

Decisions go for you, and against you. In a final sometimes its what decides the game. But then again every mistake by a player could have been what decided the game too. You have to be a good enough team to overcome adversity like a poor refereeing decision and we weren't. But only just and everyone could see major areas of potential improvement - so perhaps if we can make that improvement we will be good enough next season.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We are in the world of perhaps and maybes Mike though. For the second year in succession all the talk is it will be different / better next season. Nobody remembers losers!
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

It's remarkable how often you go to a game, see an incident and disagree. Then come home, watch the replay and realise "they" got it right.
This time however I saw a knock on and came home and had it confirmed. It mattered in a game as tight as this.

So in spite of all the reasoned and sensible arguments here, I shall reserve the right of all true fans to be blinkered, myopic and bigoted. And paranoid!!!!

"Infamy, infamy - they've all got it in for me!"
Stevethegas
MjM

Post by MjM »

So for all the tin foil hatters, is your conviction that the RFL couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery less or more strong than your conviction that the RFL has organised the greatest sporting heist this century?