Wigan Academy Kit Revealed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: Wigan Academy Kit Revealed

Post by markill »

If you don't like the shirts, or can't afford them, or whatever reason you have, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THEM!

This is especially the case when it comes to gimmick/one-off shirts or extra kits like this academy one, when the often brought out argument of kids putting pressure on doesn't apply so much - because what kid is going to get picked on or have issues if you don't get them this kind of kit when they have the first team kit that all the stars play in.

If there are fans who can afford to and want to purchase any/extra shirts then why shouldn't the club give those people what they want?

Some years I'll get two or three, some I'll get none. I'm fine with that and cannot see any reason why any person wouldn't be.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
markill

Post by markill »

On the actual design by the kid, the idea for which is pretty neat, I would have preferred red base colour and white detail colour. In fact, if it had been that way round I might have bought one.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

I think it was a nice move by the club to give young fans a chance to design a wigan kit and well done to the young man!
Im not one that buys a team shirt any more but I do get the training tops and dont rate errea at all ,the quality and fit was far better with isu .
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I think it's quite nice, will probably get it again for when I go to academy games ????????????????
It's shocking Josie :wink:
Trouble is meds you have been spoilt with taking pictures of beautiful scenery to appreciate a bit of normal colour. :)
It's not bad, was just joking with Josie re the shocking part, didn't realise they where heartbeats
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Isn't the shirt connected to the Heart foundation, or some heart related charity?
If so the shirt pattern has been well thought out by such a young person.
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Isn't the shirt connected to the Heart foundation, or some heart related charity?
No pal its how it makes him feel when watching wigan making his heat beat faster, it would of been nice as well to araise awareness in screening for heart defects in our game as well as when I first saw it thats what sprung to mind, well thought out though from the young lad .
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

the sully bar wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Isn't the shirt connected to the Heart foundation, or some heart related charity?
No pal its how it makes him feel when watching wigan making his heat beat faster, it would of been nice as well to araise awareness in screening for heart defects in our game as well as when I first saw it thats what sprung to mind, well thought out though from the young lad .
I agree!