Squad v Cats

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dontshootthemessenger

Re: Squad v Cats

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

SW says that Tierney plays , on the WW website , and says he will get a good run of games, so he must be starting FB ,surely.
I think Sarginson will start instead of Gildart.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

cpwigan wrote:The way I see it. We know Sam will come back in at FB when fit, we think Gildart is our long term centre. So for me giving Gildart his chance is more worthwhile than Tierney and I also have more faith in Sarge at FB and think he will offer more threat than Lewis. I am not sure Lewis has done enough in the friendlies and being the son of Bill Whizz should not make a difference.

CP.

It might just be my doom and gloom attitude at times BUT am i the only one who is starting to smell a rat with Sam's injury.

First he was going to be fit for England in October

Next he was going to be fit for Easter

Now he is going to be fit for the middle of May.

I am beginning to think NZW knew what they were doing releasing him early as they knew he would "Not be available to them" in the 2016 season .

Really hope i am wrong as there is nothing better than watching a fit Sam in a Wigan shirt .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

FROM A TO B wrote:
medlocke wrote:We will lose by 18 points thanks to the team not getting a proper run out in the friendlies, never mind, at least the youngsters got a game
Season hasn't even kicked off and the doom and gloom merchants are out :roll:
:thum:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

FROM A TO B wrote:
medlocke wrote:We will lose by 18 points thanks to the team not getting a proper run out in the friendlies, never mind, at least the youngsters got a game
A New season and nothing changes with the usual suspects!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think what's best depends on sarge long term plan.

If the rumours are true that he is off at the end of the year I'd put gildart in and sarge at FB

If sarge is staying longer I'd have him in at centre and LT at fullback

EW - I too have my doubts re Sam
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
FROM A TO B wrote:
Nothing changes, your at it again as usual it must be great living in Happy land :wink:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
FROM A TO B wrote: Season hasn't even kicked off and the doom and gloom merchants are out :roll:
Nothing changes, your at it again as usual it must be great living in Happy land :wink:
Stop sniping Meds! :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Well you are half right!
On the Catalans game, he (Wane) said: “I’m not expecting us to be at 100 per cent this Friday but we’ll be quite close to it. We’ve only had a week together as a team – and no other Super League side has had anywhere near that – so we’ll have to make the best of what we’ve got.”
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

butt monkey wrote:
Well you are half right!
On the Catalans game, he (Wane) said: “I’m not expecting us to be at 100 per cent this Friday but we’ll be quite close to it. We’ve only had a week together as a team – and no other Super League side has had anywhere near that – so we’ll have to make the best of what we’ve got.”
That's not the full interview and misleads what he's saying.

Yes he doesn't expect for us to be at 100% (no coach would in game 1), but he does expect us to be close to it! and that's where we should be.

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

AdamMac wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
Well you are half right!
That's not the full interview and misleads what he's saying.

Yes he doesn't expect for us to be at 100% (no coach would in game 1), but he does expect us to be close to it! and that's where we should be.
Whilst not arguing it is not the full interview, it does state and I quote again
We’ve only had a week together as a team – and no other Super League side has had anywhere near that
Now that choice was by design and not by mistake so if Wigan perform poorly, all any fan can reply is "We haven't played any games together" Which is what medlocke is pointing out

Other fans are all ready claiming Wane is getting his excuses in early if we lose. Of course if we win it will be a masterstroke. Friday night will be the decider whether it was right to go into this game with so many players who have not played a minute pre-season
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!