Josh Charnley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Josh Charnley

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
....I don't think he will ever recover his best form because he has lost pace.
Is there any real evidence of this? I haven't seen him given a clear run where pure pace was required once so far this season.
Just my view Dave. He had blistering pace a few years ago e.g. when he caught Shaul at Wembley, I have not seen any evidence of it in the last two campaigns but we shall see what this season brings. In my view he needs to lose some bulk. I hope he proves me wrong.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Is Josh a Wigan player you don't rate meds?
He was ok a few seasons back, went off him last year with his
attitude problem, time for a change i reckon, get him swapped for Lachlan Maranta
Apart from goal kicking I think mantellato has very little to offer Wigan or rugby league in general. He'd struggle to stand out in champs league 1 if he couldn't kick goals.
Not my cup of tea for a winger.
????? :D
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

medlocke wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Never seen him play, any good ;)
What, not even when he was with Goulding and gained International selection.
Sam Tomkins gifted him International selection, NOT Goulding
Not according to many others on here!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: What, not even when he was with Goulding and gained International selection.
Sam Tomkins gifted him International selection, NOT Goulding
Somebody posted stats of Tomkins and Goulding t'other day, Tomkins passing stats to Charnley where better than Gouldings, the end
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:Sam Tomkins gifted him International selection, NOT Goulding
Somebody posted stats of Tomkins and Goulding t'other day, Tomkins passing stats to Charnley where better than Gouldings, the end
Goulding's tries and assists record was fanastic as well as his defence and partnership with Charnley.

Goulding in his Wigan prime was the best English centre and one of the most under rated players in the league.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:He was ok a few seasons back, went off him last year with his
attitude problem, time for a change i reckon, get him swapped for Lachlan Maranta
Apart from goal kicking I think mantellato has very little to offer Wigan or rugby league in general. He'd struggle to stand out in champs league 1 if he couldn't kick goals.
Not my cup of tea for a winger.
????? :D
???????????????? thought you were taking the P meds, just realised Maranta is a winger, his first name put me off the trail. Duuuuggghhh.
chris1234

Post by chris1234 »

Charnley is signing for Sale this afternoon and sorting all the final bits of the deal out today im being told....
RichardMathers @ MichaelJones86: don't bother coming then u nerd... or how's about u introduce yourself to me face to face you keyboard warrior?

MichaelJones86 @ RichardMathers: you would probably drop me, you drop everything else. Can't wait for Brett hodgson. Bellend
robspark

Post by robspark »

chris1234 wrote:Charnley is signing for Sale this afternoon and sorting all the final bits of the deal out today im being told....
if true, then Lenegan is very much a business man first and a wigan fan sadly second.

On current form Josh deserves a decent contract, which is presumably the root of the issue.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

robspark wrote:
chris1234 wrote:Charnley is signing for Sale this afternoon and sorting all the final bits of the deal out today im being told....
if true, then Lenegan is very much a business man first and a wigan fan sadly second.

On current form Josh deserves a decent contract, which is presumably the root of the issue.
You've only just worked that one out
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote:
robspark wrote:

That may be true Rob but who has their salary cut to pay for it?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards