Anybody Stressed ???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Anybody Stressed ???

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The club should give a refund to all those who bought tickets, better still give it to charity. We are Wigan and that performance and the comment of the coach are totally unacceptable.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Can live with poor results if everybody gives 100% and go down trying . This wasn't the case today but i will live .

What i cant live with is is SW continually dragging the name of WRLFC through the mud and making us the subject of ridicule every time and i mean every time his mouth opens .

The Wakefield and London comment just sums the man up IMO.

Regards (see you all Friday for another episode) , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Just a second thought . Maybe he knows we are playing Trinity at Millwall this year . Just a thought :eusa17:

Regards again , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I know coaches are bound to be interviewed but unlike SW I am stressed and I would have preferred a moment of quiet reflection and apology. When you are in the hole and they are shovelling soil on you I always thought it better to keep your mouth shut.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I am sure IL won't slag Wane off in public but IL needs to say that despite the virus and injuries that the performance wasn't good enough.

No hint of an apology from Wane or any acknowledgement that backs to to wall or not, that just wasn't good enough. IL needs to recognise that attitude isn't right and if Wane won't do it IL needs to apologise on behalf of the club for that.

The program notes from IL will be interesting reading on Friday but if the party line is the one that Wane has been spouting which is basically "we have given up because we have too many injuries" IL can expect the same negative reactions from fans.

BriH

Post by BriH »

cpwigan wrote:Wigan coach Shaun Wane:
"I'm not stressed one little bit. I know what we have and where we're at. I loved the fact that so many Wigan fans stayed behind to clap the players because I'm sure they know the situation we're in.

"I don't want to take anything away from Wakefield. Let them enjoy their day and, if they want to book their coaches to London, let them book them.

"Wakefield were very good. But I know what we've got in the club and how we can play so that result doesn't stress me in the slightest. Don't confuse that with the games at Catalans and Castleford, where we went with strong teams.

"We made it hard for ourselves by giving them too many sets. A combination of us being really lethargic, tired and lacking energy gave them good field position."
It just goes to prove the old saying: "before opening gob, engage brain". Of course, that assumes you have a brain..........?
Of all the crass remarks, this takes the biscuit.
Why didn't he say "I'm embarrassed and ashamed for this humiliation by a 2nd tier Super League Club - with all due respect to Wakefield. Instead, we get an arrogant remark that shows contempt for the Fans. Not on.
Surely SW knows how bad it was, 11 years ago, when we were humiliated by Leeds then Saints.
It certainly sticks in my memory.

SW should issue a retraction or clarification of that statement.

As somebody remarked on another post: don't take the fans spectators for granted.
IL may own the Club but he doesn't own the Fans.
There, I've had my rant and feel a hellava lot better.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Yes, it would appear he may be too dumb to know when to keep his mouth shut?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:It's very comforting to believe your own propaganda, unfortunately even when it's deluded.
I wonder if Rocky will come of age Friday? That won't surprise me.
I believe 3 Widnes tries came from Rocky dropping the ball!
If that had been Smith he would be crucified by many on here yet it's ok for Rocky as he has potential
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

It's a cunning plan, he's trying to make sure that Leeds do not make the top 8 :exc: What he has forgot though is the RFL will deduct Salford enough points to make sure that it happens.

On a serious note, it is about time the club changed direction. We are going backwards and need new impetus to reverse the trend.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan are going backwards and so is SL to the point it has become a joke.