v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: v Wakefield

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Tonsillitis is not a nice thing at all and can have a serious detrimental effect on physical activity for a few weeks!! In summary, for me there are clear reasons as to why we lost on Saturday, having said that there is no excuse for a 62-0 humiliation!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Mike wrote:I can't see us doing well on Friday, but we should be OK the week after I'd say. I wonder if Wakefield will all come down with it after SUnday's match!
If there were no tongues they should be alright! :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Tonsillitis is not a nice thing at all and can have a serious detrimental effect on physical activity for a few weeks!! In summary, for me there are clear reasons as to why we lost on Saturday, having said that there is no excuse for a 62-0 humiliation!!
Did the clocks go back a day on Sunday?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Tonsillitis is not a nice thing at all and can have a serious detrimental effect on physical activity for a few weeks!! In summary, for me there are clear reasons as to why we lost on Saturday, having said that there is no excuse for a 62-0 humiliation!!
You must have your mum in stitches every night at story time!! Go away stalker!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Well if it's "proper" flu then they are out for at least 2 weeks.

Then another 2 of feeling weak.

Got to be realistic.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Many of the comments on the matter have been pathetic in view of the fact that there has been a serious virus on top of the injuries at the club.

As far as I am concerned, if a club is in such a serious position in regard to any illness, the club should be allowed to have an independent Doctor appointed by the RFL to look at the situation and if a 'x' number of players are declared unfit to play because of a illness, be allowed to postponed a game.

Supporters are paying money to watch the game and the last thing that should be happening is paying hard earned cash to watch a farce like what took place at Wakefield on Sunday.

I have not been on here for the past few days and did not go to Wakefield as I have also been suffering from a virus and I can assure you that if I was a player on Sunday, the last thing I would want to be doing is playing Rugby!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Just a suggestion for Wane

Phone Rocky get him in have the player who is the sickest with the virus pass it to Rocky and then have him give it to the Cas players for Friday.

Just an idea.
Wandering Warrior

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
You must have your mum in stitches every night at story time!! Go away stalker!!
My mother passed away many years ago.
I merely asked a question and it seemed to have raised your blood pressure again!
Common sense would dictate no response but you can't help yourself.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Many of the comments on the matter have been pathetic in view of the fact that there has been a serious virus on top of the injuries at the club.

As far as I am concerned, if a club is in such a serious position in regard to any illness, the club should be allowed to have an independent Doctor appointed by the RFL to look at the situation and if a 'x' number of players are declared unfit to play because of a illness, be allowed to postponed a game.

Supporters are paying money to watch the game and the last thing that should be happening is paying hard earned cash to watch a farce like what took place at Wakefield on Sunday.

I have not been on here for the past few days and did not go to Wakefield as I have also been suffering from a virus and I can assure you that if I was a player on Sunday, the last thing I would want to be doing is playing Rugby!
I wondered you'd been? Hope you're better now :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Many of the comments on the matter have been pathetic in view of the fact that there has been a serious virus on top of the injuries at the club.

That's fair comment, but why ask players to play who are clearly unwell. We should have turned out our U19s (if presumably they were all fit and well) and made a statement to the RFL.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards