Says it all really

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Says it all really

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I am even more worried than I was a week ago The mans not able to grasp reality at all he lives in the SW bubble frightening that he cant see what everyone else can. As the saying goes can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.I am afraid under Wane oblivion here we come. Rads and IL should hang there heads in shame for supporting this farce.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

god forbid someone doesnt say something negative about the club :)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Stuwigan wrote:How can people call people deluded when they have no idea of what the coaches and players do in training ?

For me we need to concentrate on the defence first then the attack will look after itself, over the last few weeks the defence has been poor and we have let in to many soft tries. If we get back to the aggressive no nonsense defence we will get better.
Stu, how can our attack look after itself, it's the worst try line attack in the whole of Superleague.
We are shocking at attacking the opposition try line, quite often after some ball breaking efforts by our forwards and some of the backs to get us near to the try line.
Do you think our attack is good?
SJ

Post by SJ »

Still don't know what he, and I stress ,he, means by "detai " We don't seem to have the basics of a "plan"to enable us to sought out the "detail " whatever he means by that. Endow man,Gimble and Kiwiseddon posts make for sad,but true reading.
I comfort myself by the delusion ( they are just saving themselves :lol: :conf:
markill

Post by markill »

No issue with using focus on defence as the first step, but to say attack is not a concern, regardless of whether attack or defence is the primary focus, is nonsense.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Stuwigan

Post by Stuwigan »

Stu, how can our attack look after itself, it's the worst try line attack in the whole of Superleague.
We are shocking at attacking the opposition try line, quite often after some ball breaking efforts by our forwards and some of the backs to get us near to the try line.
Do you think our attack is good? [/quote]

Its been mentioned about Wigans attack since the GF 2013 has been poor ok

2014 - A new full back in Mango who could not fit into the plays that Wigan did with Sam as fullback. Mango was a legend in the game but his style did not suit Wigans way they play. Also we a long injury to blake green who when he came back was not the same player as many have said on here.

2015 - Same fullback in Mango who changes his game to try and suit Wigan and did have some good games for us but a new inexperienced standoff in Williams and with Matty formed a new half back combination.

2016 - So far Wigan have not had a game with the Key players in the right positions in the squad, Williams been injured for a long period and Wigan have not played with a settle half back pairing for most of the season.

As players return they will start to gel and play better ( I hope ) last week against Hull was the one of a handfull of games Wigan had out preferred standoff and scrum half pairing.

I agree Wigans attack is not how it could be but only time will tell if this changes as the players get to play week in week out and begin to gel again.

We are only 2 points off being in the top three in SL even tho Wigan are not playing well so it does say alot about the game tho if that is the case. We should by rights be lower in the table but thats how unpredictable this years SL is.
markill

Post by markill »

New players, injured players, inexperienced players - these are all things that are legitimate issues but the best coaches will find a way to overcome them, or adapt the game plan. this hasn't really happened has it? And that's the frustration for me.

If we don't reach a final this year Wane has to go, and if we do reach a final but lose it then there does have to be a rethink about the staff we have in place in support of Wane at the very least.

We need to address our last tackle plays. we need to address our distribution of carries on out-sets and we need to vary the way we move the ball in the opposition half more.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kiwiseddon wrote: Wane is being out-coached every week and every time it goes wrong, it's the players fault for being dumb. No Sean... the players are doing exactly what you're asking them to do. It's just that it doesn't work and you're too blinkered to see it.
We need a new coach, a new half, a new game plan and a new outlook.
Exactly!
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

I assume we play the way that we are coached to play.If fans are bored with the 'structures' then surely the players who are running these structures in training every day must be bored, especially know ing that they are no longer going to work in match situations. Add an almost complete lack of any pace in the centre of the field from our halves/hooker and we are easy to defend against. The number of passes that are 'loopy' and inaccurate, either behind or on the shoulder of the recipient, is too high and it slows the play even more. Almost all of our attacking plays go sidewards from the middle, again easy to defend, and leaving our second rows & centres going sidewards without committing any defenders or creating any space. Sam scored last Friday simply because there was doubt and therefore hesitancy in the minds of the defenders about what he would do. We need to attack straight, to the gain line, at pace and commit defenders.If SW isn't worried about our attack, he should be. If IL isn't worried about falling and unenthusiastic crowds, he should be. In some respects it doesn't matter if SW is a great coach or not, the club and playing style needs to be refreshed before it's too late.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Stuwigan wrote: Stu, how can our attack look after itself, it's the worst try line attack in the whole of Superleague.
Do you think our attack is good?
Its been mentioned about Wigans attack since the GF 2013 has been poor ok

2014 - A new full back in Mango who could not fit into the plays that Wigan did with Sam as fullback. Mango was a legend in the game but his style did not suit Wigans way they play. Also we a long injury to blake green who when he came back was not the same player as many have said on here.

2015 - Same fullback in Mango who changes his game to try and suit Wigan and did have some good games for us but a new inexperienced standoff in Williams and with Matty formed a new half back combination.

2016 - So far Wigan have not had a game with the Key players in the right positions in the squad, Williams been injured for a long period and Wigan have not played with a settle half back pairing for most of the season.

As players return they will start to gel and play better ( I hope ) last week against Hull was the one of a handfull of games Wigan had out preferred standoff and scrum half pairing.

I agree Wigans attack is not how it could be but only time will tell if this changes as the players get to play week in week out and begin to gel again.

We are only 2 points off being in the top three in SL even tho Wigan are not playing well so it does say alot about the game tho if that is the case. We should by rights be lower in the table but thats how unpredictable this years SL is.[/quote]

you do realise that in 2014/2015 our attack was in the top 4 of all teams in the league?

however 2016 we seem to have forgotten that we have to get over the try line.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.