Sam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
4 Generations

Re: Sam

Post by 4 Generations »

Tompkins isnt a fullback for me.Cant just be me that has a will he wont he catch/tackle him feeling.Hes wasted at fullback.

Definate change since he returned playing.Not just in Tompkins,but the Alpha Male,pecking order hasnt settled on the feild.I think ther will be more also once thers one or two more back,but it will settle for the better.

He isnt fit.End ov

4G
ps,i dont care what he used to do realy.I only hope he gets better than he is.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

God wrote:Why put ur hand up to play when supposed not fit.

I think we are making excuses for him if I'm honest, I've seen enough this year and his time in the NRL to know that he's shot, nowhere near the impact.

Just a mercenary who has got a free ticket back to the club on sentiment.
You are wrong.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

4 Generations wrote:Tompkins isnt a fullback for me.Cant just be me that has a will he wont he catch/tackle him feeling.Hes wasted at fullback.

Definate change since he returned playing.Not just in Tompkins,but the Alpha Male,pecking order hasnt settled on the feild.I think ther will be more also once thers one or two more back,but it will settle for the better.

He isnt fit.End ov

4G
He needs to play in he halves once fit, Smith needs to play for York.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
4 Generations wrote:Tompkins isnt a fullback for me.Cant just be me that has a will he wont he catch/tackle him feeling.Hes wasted at fullback.

He isnt fit.End ov

4G

York?,no chance he is not good enough, Wane is the only coach in the game that rates him.

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Tomkins hasnt been right since he took that knock vs wakefield were he played on the rest of the game hobling.

last night was shocking, what was more anoying is despite his lack of pace the entire game he showed he still has it,
he put his foot down for 5 seconds just before the Isa try and Hull didnt know what to do,

however 5 seconds of old tomkins attacked doesnt make up for 79 minutes of bang average.

i really do hope it is a injury as it will be a shame to see fans turn on him if it isnt.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Next season will be the one that decides it for me,I have a bad feeling he's done for,something happened at that Wakey match and clearly he's not right,we can see it why not the people that matter?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Sam should be playing at Stand Off and the person to blame for putting him at Full Back was a certain Maguire!

What Wigan should be doing in my opinion is signing a top class experienced Full Back, so that Sam can play in his natural position of Stand Off with Williams in his proper position of Scrum Half.

Our attack might be better than what it is now!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:

He isnt fit.End ov

4G
You are wrong. Smith needs to play for Saints
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Sam should be playing at Stand Off and the person to blame for putting him at Full Back was a certain Maguire!

What Wigan should be doing in my opinion is signing a top class experienced Full Back, so that Sam can play in his natural position of Stand Off with Williams in his proper position of Scrum Half.

Our attack might be better than what it is now!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CLUELESS
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I've reviewed the match (well as much as I could bear) and tbh Sam doesn't have the attacking flair to be a very good FB. Yes he can do a job, but is that really what we brought him back for?

Maybe stick him at stand off and see how he goes, but at FB he is just not cutting it.

I can only hope that it is a short term injury but I have a bad feeling that he is gone. :(