Smith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
6742hitch

Re: Smith

Post by 6742hitch »

Here we go, all Smith's fault.....I think I saw him pointing to other players and screaming his head off at them where to be, not EVERY kick can 1000% pinpoint accurate ALL the time, he made some good tackles.

Why has NO-ONE mentioned OTHER players on that field eh, Sutton?? And what the hell did Manfredi offer, or is it because they are certain people's golden balls they can do NOOOOO wrong?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Josie's friend wrote:Rads had plenty to say on what Matty brings to the club, all positive so I'll go with his opinion.
Well he's not going to slag him off is he, nevertheless I'd be interested to know what they were. Care to enlighten us?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

When this many people are complaining about Smith it shows that something is wrong with the guy, most of the people on the site have a good knowledge of past players they have seen in Smiths position and realize that no creativity is coming from him. It is a key position on the field and most points of attack come from the halfbacks, so i would advise you to watch a few NRL halfbacks and then make a judgment. :wink:
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

He blows hot and cold for me, you never know which one we'll get. That applies to a few others also.
Maybe if we also don't win the Grand Final then its bye bye Wane, finally.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Josie's friend wrote:Rads had plenty to say on what Matty brings to the club, all positive so I'll go with his opinion. Miss the days when Blake was the problem and Smith the golden boy
:lol: Trust me it is not!!
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Smiths the scrum half we have got.Hes no Gregory.I dont see any Botica in him either.He does frustrate in kicking,some passes and seems to me to be a little lost at times.Could be he needs less responsibility and some more quality around him.He had a decent game last night.Watching him take the goal kick he looked ill.Worried to death,nervous.He will do for me for now.Hes far from a bad player.
I like Joe Mellor this season for Widnes.Youth,enthusiasum and what seems to be an emerging talent.Matty may need a rest or some competition to fire him up

Thinking out loud my lad said Jacob miller,whos a decent enough player.I ment Joe Mellor.My lad thought it was funny,hes a Latics fan.
4G
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

cpwigan wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:Rads had plenty to say on what Matty brings to the club, all positive so I'll go with his opinion. Miss the days when Blake was the problem and Smith the golden boy
:lol: Trust me it is not!!
I don't understand, Rads opinion of Matty isn't all positive? I was there when Rads said it along with quite a few respected supporters of the club
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:after last night and the pile of crap we served up for 30 minutes in the second half i cannot believe someone made a Smith Thread, he was bad at all last night one of our better player, made a couple of try saving tackles himself and his kicking game was okay.

he plays like wane tells him, it wasn't his kicks that were to strong or to long that our wingers couldn't reach them.

my one complaint was the goal kick he missed (which was a easy one) but he had just been taken out and wasn't standing to steadily. somthing we never managed to do to sneyd.
I agree, whenever we lose, it is always blame Smith.

Our problem is that unlike when we had Finch and Green, we no longer have a experienced play maker Stand Off. Williams is not a Stand Off, but a Scrum Half having to play at Stand Off.

The fault lies with the club giving Smith a four year contract until 2018 when they could see Williams and Powell emerging from the Academy as Scrum Haves/Hookers.
Smith is the playmaker............allegedly.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Caboosegg wrote:after last night and the pile of crap we served up for 30 minutes in the second half i cannot believe someone made a Smith Thread, he wasnt bad at all last night one of our better player, made a couple of try saving tackles himself and his kicking game was okay.

he plays like wane tells him, it wasn't his kicks that were to strong or to long that our wingers couldn't reach them.

my one complaint was the goal kick he missed (which was a easy one) but he had just been taken out and wasn't standing to steadily. somthing we never managed to do to sneyd.
Sorry but he is crap, just look at his attacking statistics: tries 2; try assists 8; tackle busts 8; clean breaks 1. compare that with Williams who has played less football this season and is not our main playmaker: T 3; TA 13; TB 44; CB 7. Then again you can look at Sneyd T 3; TA 18; TB 34; CB 8. He might play as Wane tells him but he simply doesn't have the skills and he is not Wigan standard.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

4 Generations wrote:Smiths the scrum half we have got.Hes no Gregory.I dont see any Botica in him either.He does frustrate in kicking,some passes and seems to me to be a little lost at times.Could be he needs less responsibility and some more quality around him.He had a decent game last night.Watching him take the goal kick he looked ill.Worried to death,nervous.He will do for me for now.Hes far from a bad player.
I like Jacob Miller this season for Widnes.Youth,enthusiasum and what seems to be an emerging talent.Matty may need a rest or some competition to fire him up

4G

Does he not play for Wakefield ?