Re: Smith to Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Post by jobo »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Is Sam not playing injured?
Been told he's having injections in his knee just to get on the field.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

jobo wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Is Sam not playing injured?
Been told he's having injections in his knee just to get on the field.
Same as what I heard, maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt then, however I just hope this isn't the beginning of the end of his career if the same knee!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

just left my local and the place is alive with the rumour that Matty Smith has signed for saints this afternoon, not departing next season but immediately. Maybe it's them Aints speccies in there winding us up but one is an ex player, bumping weight, and his info is generally good.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

bill.inger wrote: just left my local and the place is alive with the rumour that Matty Smith has signed for saints this afternoon, not departing next season but immediately. Maybe it's them Aints speccies in there winding us up but one is an ex player, bumping weight, and his info is generally good.

On RedVee they're hoping to persuade Walsh to stay now that his Manly gig is off!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Kittwazzer wrote:
bill.inger wrote: just left my local and the place is alive with the rumour that Matty Smith has signed for saints this afternoon, not departing next season but immediately. Maybe it's them Aints speccies in there winding us up but one is an ex player, bumping weight, and his info is generally good.

On RedVee they're hoping to persuade Walsh to stay now that his Manly gig is off!
Manly wanted Walsh??

Mind you, they're all over the place this season. People complain about Matty Smith's goal-kicking (which is no worse than most); Manly have a had a second-rower trying to kick goals this season who looks like he's never done so in his life!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Denied by KFC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/37105827

"Cunningham, 39, added: "We've got to have a plan A, B, C, to Z because that's just the way the game is these days."

I wonder if that is an oblique reference to the fact we don't!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I'm glad Matty is staying. It'll also keep the forum busy :wink:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

What the hell is going on? Is there no one at our club who can confirm whether the story is true or not?
Or perhaps we are just mushrooms.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

As previously said, it's on a need to know basis, and the fans don't need to!
Totally unprofessional from the club to fail to comment one way or the other to the club funding plebs!
Over 50 years I've supported the club and it's worse than the KGB now for closed shop.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

If Smith is going could we see the return of Michael Dobson. Salford going nowhere owner who has had enough.