Injury Update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Injury Update

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
DaveO wrote: Didn't the club and in particular Wane organise the trip to the races?

I don't know if you have ever been to horse racing but living as I do in Chester with its race course the one thing you will guarantee is a city full of totally wasted people on race day! Some of the pubs don't even open. They don't want the business.

If the club/Wane organised the trip to the races they were bonkers.
I think that is unfair DaveO, grown men are responsible for their own actions!!
Obviously not! I think organising a race day for players mid season is crazy. The races are well known as a booze fueled day out with drinking that starts midday and carries on into the night. They are pro sportsmen not semi-pros or amateurs and are supposed to have all sort of monitoring of food intake, blood tests and so on as part of the sports science associated with top level sport these days to keep them in tip top shape. They they then go and get smashed on a club organised "do" and this is before any fisticuffs.

What next, a fag break during training?
So are you not responsible for your own actions when you go on an organised event or if something violent/illegal happens between you and another man do you blame the organiser?

I think it's irrelevant when it happened, where it happened, who organised it etc. All sports teams go out during the season in all sports at least once, so what Wigan did was nothing different to what all other teams do, usually they have big Christmas parties in all fairness!

Lee Mossop and John Bateman were to blame collectively for not being able to control themselves due to alcohol! I actually think blaming someone else other than them 2 is laughable!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

slimshady wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Rochdale Warrior wrote: Gidley ?
Allegedly!
No he wasn't
Ok then please tell us what really happened.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Sam Alladyce did it
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

slimshady wrote:Sam Alladyce did it
Did he get paid ?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

slimshady wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Rochdale Warrior wrote: Gidley ?
Allegedly!
No he wasn't
Who was it slim?
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

I've just been working at Leon pryces house and he reckons Sam was out at weekend with his mates in pub and one his pals had come in 3rd man and chopped his leg, snapping his ankle? That's what rumour is doing rounds apparently, and he thinks we will win tomorrow :D
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Does no one think it odd that our owner and Chairman, who has been conspicuous by his absence throughout the season, pipes up about allegedly having 15 players "injured" at the time Sam Tomkins has a second scan to "determine" the extent of an injury a first scan didn't pick up?

[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

butt monkey wrote:Does no one think it odd that our owner and Chairman, who has been conspicuous by his absence throughout the season, pipes up about allegedly having 15 players "injured" at the time Sam Tomkins has a second scan to "determine" the extent of an injury a first scan didn't pick up?

Has he? Do you have Wigan t.v? If so go on and check the number of interviews with him on there.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

No straw damn us wrote:
butt monkey wrote:Does no one think it odd that our owner and Chairman, who has been conspicuous by his absence throughout the season, pipes up about allegedly having 15 players "injured" at the time Sam Tomkins has a second scan to "determine" the extent of an injury a first scan didn't pick up?

Has he? Do you have Wigan t.v? If so go on and check the number of interviews with him on there.
NO I don't!

Please tell me what he said about the incident involving Mossop/Bateman as I must have missed that being published in the media

I was going to add something to my original post to clarify WHY he decided to make a media comment rather than a "Wigan tv" interview

Privately the club knows what has happened. Nothing to do with rugby (well the "new" injury isn't") and it is "fair" to suggest unofficially the club are none too happy
Now go and see if IL tells you what happened to Sam on your telly :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

butt monkey wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:

NO I don't!

Please tell me what he said about the incident involving Mossop/Bateman as I must have missed that being published in the media

I was going to add something to my original post to clarify WHY he decided to make a media comment rather than a "Wigan tv" interview

Privately the club knows what has happened. Nothing to do with rugby (well the "new" injury isn't") and it is "fair" to suggest unofficially the club are none too happy
Now go and see if IL tells you what happened to Sam on your telly :wink:
His latest interview is up now, it's worth you paying a one months subscription to watch it.