A W O L

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: A W O L

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote: Not really Bill. I just didn't see any point engaging in discussions on a forum when the plug is about to be pulled!
But it isn't now ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

its gone quiet on the DS front
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:its gone quiet on the DS front
I presume with it being christmas time i suppose,i do hope though it doesnt just fade away and a conclusion,one way or another is reached.
billyc38

Post by billyc38 »

Just been reading on the bbc sports website that the French RU team Racing92 are looking at taking one of their players to court...WHY???.....because Johann Goosen is retiring to take up a job as a managing director on civvy Street they're unhappy because he has 4 years left on his contract so they're saying Goosen is in breach of his contract.
I wait with baited breath for the outcome
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

billyc38 wrote:Just been reading on the bbc sports website that the French RU team Racing92 are looking at taking one of their players to court...WHY???.....because Johann Goosen is retiring to take up a job as a managing director on civvy Street they're unhappy because he has 4 years left on his contract so they're saying Goosen is in breach of his contract.
I wait with baited breath for the outcome
I am guessing they probably think he is in breach because retirement from the sport usually only comes about due to injury forcing it or at the end of a contract. We have had a few of the latter such as Brett Dallas who famously left his boots on the centre spot at the DW and plenty of the former but I can't remember anyone who "retired" mid-contract to go back to civvy-street who wasn't injured.

In the report about Goosen the BBC say:
The club want to reclaim advances they say were paid to Goosen for the use of his image rights, as well as compensation for him not fulfilling his contract.
I am sure Cas are in the same position. Sponsorship and revenue will be affected by Solomona's retirement.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Now, Diamond is saying that if Cas had paid Solomona the increase he wanted, none of this situation would have occurred.
Does this imply that the whole scenario was set up by Andy Clarke.
He's tried 'Cas have sacked him', then 'he's retired from league's, now it's 'not been offered what he's worth'
As the White rabbit said "curiouser and curiouser".
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

bill.inger wrote:Now, Diamond is saying that if Cas had paid Solomona the increase he wanted, none of this situation would have occurred.
He's tried 'Cas have sacked him', then 'he's retired from league's, now it's 'not been offered what he's worth'
All will be unveiled in court, but then again maybe not!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

bill.inger wrote:Now, Diamond is saying that if Cas had paid Solomona the increase he wanted, none of this situation would have occurred.
They really need to keep this fella quiet,the more he speaks the bigger the hole becomes
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

josie andrews wrote:
jao711 wrote:
robbobillinge wrote:Can I throw another factor in here. I assume, maybe incorrectly, that Solamona is a foreign born player. If so I assume he has a work visa which enables him to play Rugby League for Castleford...........
. Good point,I read on Casforum that Cas had to get a work visa for DS because he was then a relatively unknown player for London Broncos.I don't of course know the terms of that visa,but consider the case of a player named Ropati who was playing for Featherstone Rovers.He sustained a very serious facial injury leaving him unable to play for some considerable time and without income.His visa only allowed him to play rugby league for Featherstone,no other team,or take up any other paid employment. I wonder what Denny's visa covers.
Just had Happy New Year wishes from Tangi ????????????
That's good to hear Josie,I'd forgotten his first name.Hope he is ok ,it was a very nasty one ,that I think would have received greater punishment in today's climate.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jao 711 wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
jao711 wrote:. Good point,I read on Casforum that Cas had to get a work visa for DS because he was then a relatively unknown player for London Broncos.I don't of course know the terms of that visa,but consider the case of a player named Ropati who was playing for Featherstone Rovers.He sustained a very serious facial injury leaving him unable to play for some considerable time and without income.His visa only allowed him to play rugby league for Featherstone,no other team,or take up any other paid employment. I wonder what Denny's visa covers.
Just had Happy New Year wishes from Tangi ????????????
That's good to hear Josie,I'd forgotten his first name.Hope he is ok ,it was a very nasty one ,that I think would have received greater punishment in today's climate.
He's doing well. Not so sure about getting greater punishment these days, it was a disgusting tackle that ended his career :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan