Wigan v Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan v Hull

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Hanley the God! wrote:I don't give a monkeys. This is a home game I'm missing out on. My question is can I watch this game on telly as I'm missing a home game. Asked this question before but nobody gave me an answer.
You better get use to it, if it is a financial success then we will be doing the same in 2019.
It might be a success financially of itself but if it disrupts our season in any way such as with injuries from the stupid friendly or any hangover that result in an early exit from the cup or dropping down the league the profit will get eaten into as gates decline.

Do it again the season after and if we lose to Wire this season expect an empty DW for the fixture after our return next.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Hanley the God! wrote:I don't give a monkeys. This is a home game I'm missing out on. My question is can I watch this game on telly as I'm missing a home game. Asked this question before but nobody gave me an answer.
You better get use to it, if it is a financial success then we will be doing the same in 2019.
It might be a success financially of itself but if it disrupts our season in any way such as with injuries from the stupid friendly or any hangover that result in an early exit from the cup or dropping down the league the profit will get eaten into as gates decline.

Do it again the season after and if we lose to Wire this season expect an empty DW for the fixture after our return next.
it will really do my head in if we put post losses down too the aus trip....... the friendly v souths is totally pointless
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

southernpie wrote:
Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
Yes.
Where

Live on Sky Sports Arena.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
Maverickpils

The Australian Games

Post by Maverickpils »

Does anyone know if there are plans for the club to put on live showings of the Aussie games in the stadium for those of us that can't make the trip to Australia?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote:
DaveO wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: You better get use to it, if it is a financial success then we will be doing the same in 2019.

it will really do my head in if we put post losses down too the aus trip....... the friendly v souths is totally pointless
They would never admit that it made a loss even if it did tbh,
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Don't you think that the profit has already been made before they get on the bus to the airport?
They've sponsorship from all over in Aus plus gate and tv money so I'm sure it will be profitable.

Overall the link between IL and Pearson appears to be getting greater with the Hull chairman's recent views on RL's future.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:Sorry but its a meaningless pot that, when the Auckland nines are back next season won't be played for again, the NRL will look after their own game and sod our struggling game, this just suits their purpose this season.

The more I think about I suspect Wigan where given a heads up at the Crunella game that last season would the last time for awhile an NRL side would be coming over for awhile, the timing of it leads me to that conclusion so ever the eye for the chance Lenegan took a chance on it, who knows though.
I disagree, it honours one of our greatest players.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards