More Good News

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Re: More Good News

Post by First Try Tickle »

When I saw the title "More Good News", I was hoping it would be about the south stand.

The Heineken beer tastes awful and the Fosters is like water. Plus you can now buy food and pop at the same counter so we have to queue up with the kids.

Then again, its better than Catalans and their token payment scheme. I've still got a jug that I need to return for my deposit.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

There's also the tax benefits, as long as he doesn't spend a certain amount of time inthe u.k. (I think it's 60 days) he will be on a vastly reduced tax bill.
I'm not sure where this £750K has come from I was told it was on his current salary and Wigan wouldn't match it for four years.
Any links?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

First Try Tickle wrote:When I saw the title "More Good News", I was hoping it would be about the south stand.

The Heineken beer tastes awful and the Fosters is like water. Plus you can now buy food and pop at the same counter so we have to queue up with the kids.

Then again, its better than Catalans and their token payment scheme. I've still got a jug that I need to return for my deposit.
:lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

No straw damn us wrote:There's also the tax benefits, as long as he doesn't spend a certain amount of time inthe u.k. (I think it's 60 days) he will be on a vastly reduced tax bill.
I'm not sure where this £750K has come from I was told it was on his current salary and Wigan wouldn't match it for four years.
Any links?
Though I would be surprised if Davies gets away with only spending 60 days here. :)
(I assume you are referring to Sam T - he has a choice between good money, glory and loyalty and even more money. I know which one he is going to take.)
Lord Byron

Post by Lord Byron »

No straw damn us wrote:There's also the tax benefits, as long as he doesn't spend a certain amount of time inthe u.k. (I think it's 60 days) he will be on a vastly reduced tax bill.
Any links?
The number of days that ST could spend in the UK are dependent upon the number of "ties" that he has with the UK. It's likely that he could spend a maximum of 90 or 120 days in the UK in any tax year following his departure.

The likelihood is that ST will not be subject to tax in the UK but I don't see this as a benefit. He will pay tax in France in any event and the tax rates are very similar to the UK. The lowest rate is 14% with the highest rate being 45% which is identical to the UK. Based on the numbers being thrown around Sam will be paying tax at 45% which is the same as he will currently be paying at the moment.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

More good news! You wouldn’t think so reading this lot.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

moto748 wrote:Hang on! My prediction is that it's much more likely to be good news around the corner rather than bad.

I don't really see the logic in people thinking some bombshell is upcoming.
It's like, I know I am going to die but when? I'll just worry myself to death thinking about it instead of living my life. Sorry I am off for a beer and to watch some rugby :D I am fortunate, I follow the greatest rugby league club in the world :D
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
moto748 wrote:Hang on! My prediction is that it's much more likely to be good news around the corner rather than bad.

It's like, I know I am going to die but when? I'll just worry myself to death thinking about it instead of living my life. Sorry I am off for a beer and to watch some rugby :D I am fortunate, I follow the greatest rugby league club in the world :D
Your in Australia atm. Who are the Storm playing today. :D
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

thegimble wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:

Your in Australia atm. Who are the Storm playing today. :D
????????
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE