Anybody want to offer some praise to this Wigan team and SW?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: Anybody want to offer some praise to this Wigan team and...

Post by yokozuna »

Wes wrote:???? Another great display!!!

The negative nellies will have to try hard to have a moan but I’m sure they’ll find something.

DaveO you wanted wins against Leeds and Cas well you have them, take a bow SW and Wigan.
Best we've played all season. Bullied them, and there's still a lot of potential to improve our attack - so bodes well.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Anyone who watched Sam Tomkins interview at the screen after last nights game v Cas should understand just how much detail and preparation Wigan get before a match. It was very interesting when we have such a dumb coach, according to many on here!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

No straw damn us wrote:Anyone who watched Sam Tomkins interview at the screen after last nights game v Cas should understand just how much detail and preparation Wigan get before a match. It was very interesting when we have such a dumb coach, according to many on here!!
It's not often I wish I had Sky, but I would have liked to have seen that!
Wes

Post by Wes »

No straw damn us wrote:Anyone who watched Sam Tomkins interview at the screen after last nights game v Cas should understand just how much detail and preparation Wigan get before a match. It was very interesting when we have such a dumb coach, according to many on here!!
Absolutely!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wes wrote:
Absolutely!
Plus two ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote:
Wes wrote:
Absolutely!
Plus two ????
Plus three.
Keep the injuries under control and we'll beat anyone.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

There are a few articles in the sports papers today about Wenger. Some make the point that he lacked the quality of a serial winner to adapt. Wane has shown that in spades this year. We were unlucky away v Saints, and jet lag cost us the game at Wire. We have already been away to Leeds, Saints and Wire, so they have to come to us.
We are far more entertaining to watch than last year, have improved our goal kicking, rolled bac’ the years for Lockers and Joel, and have sorted out our medical back up. Last night’s win was routine, which shows just how far we have come. Very enjoyable so far.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:There are a few articles in the sports papers today about Wenger. Some make the point that he lacked the quality of a serial winner to adapt. Wane has shown that in spades this year. We were unlucky away v Saints, and jet lag cost us the game at Wire. We have already been away to Leeds, Saints and Wire, so they have to come to us.
We are far more entertaining to watch than last year, have improved our goal kicking, rolled bac’ the years for Lockers and Joel, and have sorted out our medical back up. Last night’s win was routine, which shows just how far we have come. Very enjoyable so far.
It's funny you mention Wenger. I was thinking about him earlier, and how the criticism of him always was that Arsenal had a poor record against the so-called Big Four. Defeating Leeds and Cas in successive weeks shows Wane cannot be tarred with that brush.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Is it fair to say that wigan are a lot bigger club than arsenal in rugby league terms?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

moto748 wrote:That's pretty much how I feel. Things are on the up, and I see no reason for pessimism.
. I agree but don’t worry we’ll get plenty on here.