19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Post by No straw damn us »

[quote="Firestarter"]And there lies the problem with rugby league.......if ur gonna rest players, rest a couple..... dont rest more when weve got extra injuries......big 2 points lost if we lose this and the wire win will then count for nothing...... was it 1 year ago( ish)

Who was rested?
If you look at the squad on the Superleague site, Forsyth was included on Thursday. I suspect that was in place of Sarginson and Gildart was a late withdrawal, but it could have been the other way round. Anyway, a bad day at the office, move on.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

No straw damn us wrote:
Firestarter wrote:And there lies the problem with rugby league.......if ur gonna rest players, rest a couple..... dont rest more when weve got extra injuries......big 2 points lost if we lose this and the wire win will then count for nothing...... was it 1 year ago( ish)

Who was rested?
If you look at the squad on the Superleague site, Forsyth was included on Thursday. I suspect that was in place of Sarginson and Gildart was a late withdrawal, but it could have been the other way round. Anyway, a bad day at the office, move on.
i have moved on....... i realise they have a very good coach
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Im sure tommy, gilly, lockers and sarge wudda been available if it was a big game no doubt imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:Williams and Powell were pretty bad but it’s wrong to single out certain players with that type of performance as all equally bad
It's a team game and we were p poor. Why does Waney always cop the blame? That team should have been more than capable of beating a shot at HKR. We have to hope that next week was on the players mind! Congratulations HKR they were easily the best team.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

superleague wrote:16-8 to hull kr, Wigan struggling in this 2nd half, Kr just running harder and more committed, hopefully we can turn it around but doesn't look good at the min.
Run harder, tackle harder you win 95% of the games!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:Williams and Powell were pretty bad but it’s wrong to single out certain players with that type of performance as all equally bad
It's a team game and we were p poor. Why does Waney always cop the blame? That team should have been more than capable of beating a shot at HKR. We have to hope that next week was on the players mind! Congratulations HKR they were easily the best team.
Can’t disagree with anything you’ve said
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

This is not a league of equals. There is no way that should have been anything other than a routine win. The fact HKR were the better team is a joke. They are not even close to being a top 4 team.

This is one of those daft losses that Wane said he wanted to eridicate. But no, Tommy is out so instead of a least starting with the reserve hooker he switches everything about.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

This was always going to be a banana skin after this weeks events. Let's hope and fingers crossed that next week is much better otherwise the season may turn on it's head!?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Two weeks ago we made hard work of them.I thought brought us down to ther level,which was poor.Seems we turned up this time with an attitude of thats all we had to do,just turn up.Glad i couldn't make the game this time.I may have had to do a STREAK to stop it.

Absolute rubbish Wigan,Rubbish.Should have been a simple two points and we march on. :angry:

4G
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote:This is not a league of equals. There is no way that should have been anything other than a routine win. The fact HKR were the better team is a joke. They are not even close to being a top 4 team.

This is one of those daft losses that Wane said he wanted to eridicate. But no, Tommy is out so instead of a least starting with the reserve hooker he switches everything about.
So, according to this logic, we have to win every game apart from those against 3 other clubs, or the coach is useless?

I suspect there was an element of "after the Lord Mayor's show" following the superb performance against Wire. Possibly aided by distraction with Wane's resignation and a couple of changes.

As has been said, "Well played Rovers", now move on.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐