Holiday in middle of season!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Holiday in middle of season!

Post by Firestarter »

Prob got a cheap deal...... what with a lot smaller squad to take away lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

jao711 wrote:Where does it say they will be “abroad boozing” and where are the pictures posted?This is an extra day and a half downtime ,two extra ly-ins.They must be black and blue after the last week.I’m ready to go though,myLaz-e Boy is very comfy.
Williams / Gildart / Bateman all posting pictures on their Instagram stories with booze making up a fair few of the photos

They are in italy
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
jao711 wrote:Where does it say they will be “abroad boozing” and where are the pictures posted?This is an extra day and a half downtime ,two extra ly-ins.They must be black and blue after the last week.I’m ready to go though,myLaz-e Boy is very comfy.
Williams / Gildart / Bateman all posting pictures on their Instagram stories with booze making up a fair few of the photos

They are in italy
Williams is with Sam in Canet Plage isn't he, hence the Williams to Cats rumour that was knocking around
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

They are in italy
This holiday is a one off so no issues. I remember a couple of years walking out of Orrell with George and Joe, I asked them what they had planned for tonight since it was a nice sunny day. There reply was surprising since they were only young but nice to hear, PS4 and a early night ready for training in two days.
So a short break when given the opportunity is fine.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cherry.pie wrote:
DaveO wrote:
cherry.pie wrote: I'm saying they'll have certain rules in place for any breaks while it's mid-season but as long as they don't break any of those rules it's up to them how they choose to spend their free time.
Well then it depends on what those rules are as to whether the in-season training training regime that includes breaks is of a professional standard. Allowing players breaks where they are posting photos of being out on the booze suggests not.
Why does it matter if they are posting photos of themselves with alcohol? I don't think there are any teams that completely prohibit drinking alcohol during the season. So if they are allowed to drink alcohol then they aren't doing anything wrong.
Yes they are. Since when did two wrongs make a right? As in who gives a shit if other clubs allow players to jet off on a bender? You are obviously an apologist for unprofessional behaviour.

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No issues with it at all other than to say perhaps a little tact in which photos are posted maybe the world can live without a rugby player holding a glass of something surely,also people stop posting pictures of coffee..it’s coffee..a drink so drink it.

Wigan_forever1985

For me this is just about the people who are in charge at the club being naive or not having control

What would have been so bad about saying to the lads

“Look we know your off on your hols but you’re coming off the back of 3 losses and a sacked colleague due to drink - do us a favour give social media a rest while you’re out there just have some downtime”

It’s like if I go to a meeting with work off site it finishes at 3 and I work till 4. Everyone knows I’m not going to go back to the office to log on for 10mins I’m going home. But I wouldn’t plaster over social media I am leaving early - just about having g a bit of tact
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

A bit of perspective.
We have a first team squad of around 30 players. How many are on holiday and how many have posted on social media?
Wigan_forever1985

No straw damn us wrote:A bit of perspective.
We have a first team squad of around 30 players. How many are on holiday and how many have posted on social media?
I’m not saying that they shouldn’t be on holiday nor should they not post on social media

What I’m saying is there’s more to life than wrong and right it’s more about how you do things

Would it have killed them to keep pictures of them boozing off social media for a couple of days? - that’s all I’m saying id simply of said to them we are under a lot of scrutiny right now - go and enjoy yourselves but keep it private this once

The problem is with posting it on social media now if they lose the next match it will be - “well they were off boozing” it’s just not needed
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: I’m not saying that they shouldn’t be on holiday nor should they not post on social media

What I’m saying is there’s more to life than wrong and right it’s more about how you do things

Would it have killed them to keep pictures of them boozing off social media for a couple of days? - that’s all I’m saying id simply of said to them we are under a lot of scrutiny right now - go and enjoy yourselves but keep it private this once

The problem is with posting it on social media now if they lose the next match it will be - “well they were off boozing” it’s just not needed
Those are my feelings & was the intention of my original post. I apolgise if it came out wrong & I offended anyone.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan