Gelling?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Re: Gelling?

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote:Bring him back entertaining to watch adds a bit of size and the won us a few games single handedly ????

Some people will not be happy whoever we sign as soon as the put in a wigan shirt and make a error they are rubbish ????
well if he comes back I’ll guarantee plenty ov errors lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote:Bring him back entertaining to watch adds a bit of size and the won us a few games single handedly ????

Some people will not be happy whoever we sign as soon as the put in a wigan shirt and make a error they are rubbish ????
No, He didn't
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

DaveO wrote:
Southern Softy wrote:
In a nutshell - perfectly put. Although if I was offered Matty Smith on loan, I'd take him and maybe use him as hooker for his ability as a fast distributor of the ball and as an option for tactical kicking.
I don't think anything Matty Smith did could ever be described as "fast".

As to Gelling v Sarge it's a debate about who is least worst. If Sarge has one positive attribute it's he's a trier and gives 100%. Technically he's not good enough. Gelling was signed as a project player and left as one six years later. No improvement in his game whatsoever. A few games a season where he looked good usually against poorer opposition was not enough.

We dodged a bullet so I thought when Sarge left early but we were daft enough to bring him back. When another sub standard player volunarily exits the club lets not make the same mistake twice.

I also think the fact Gelling basically walked out for what will turn out to be (if he returns to SL) less than compelling reasons should rule out a return here. As soon as he can't get a game in the NRL his girlfriend issues vanish.

Finally while any new coach can't complain the club signed Greenwood I don't think it should be lumbering the new coach with a player like Gelling. He's just not good enough to be a no-brainer type of signing regardless of him walking out.
Apart from when Sam goes in the halves, we are the slowest side possible for distribution. And yes that is slower than when Matty Smith was with us. It goes a long way to explaining our lack of penetration as the ball lumbers out towards the wings; defences stifle us and we see Bateman trying to beat everyone on his own and Farrell kicking. If we were quicker at the PTB and distribution, then the wings and centres would be able to use their undoubted talents because they would have the ball with more time and space to attack the defence. It will take a new coach before that happens, though.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Can't we ask Catalans for Tierney back?

Come on, when it's time for a player to move on (as Gelling himself chose to do) then it is time for the club to move on also. Put your shirt with his name on back away in the draw as we need far better than Gelling
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve moved this to the General Forum, because Gelling isn’t a Wigan player now & probably wont be again!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote:I’ve moved this to the General Forum, because Gelling isn’t a Wigan player now & probably wont be again!
hopefully it will be moved to another super league forum and not ours lol
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Tbh after pushing for a release once he got uk citizenship and claiming homesickness and his girlfriend's accident as reasons, I've not go time for his bs anymore.
mikey

Post by mikey »

Has all the attributes of a top athlete but unfortunately not at rugby league but he's got the medals to prove he's been a success at Wigan
Always wanted him to do well hope he gets sorted with someone
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

In team sport a lot of players have medals that never really played as well as others
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote:In team sport a lot of players have medals that never really played as well as others
Ricky Bibey, Danny Moore, Stephen Holgate to name a few