wHY WAS ORR DROPPED

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: wHY WAS ORR DROPPED

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:
DaveO posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
I was told that he has been ill all week after something he got in France and was unable to train and therefore wasn't fit enough to play.
It makes no mention of him being ill all week on the Sporting Life web site, it just says Millward confirmedhe was dropped.

If a player is injured or ill you tend not to use the word "dropped" but say they are injured or ill!

So the conclusion I draw is he was fit to play but was dropped by Millward in the true sense of the word.

Dave
I think he had been ill during the week and missed training might have recovered for the macth but if you haven't been trainig then you can reallt struggle in a macth so might have been dropped for that reason. Can't see Millward dropping our only other player maker other than O'Loughlin for no reason.
Do you think he was ill during the week or do you know he was ill during the week?

Dropped means dropped not unavailable and dropped is the term used in the press.

Dave

BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

I hope he was ill but after seeing him on the bench in france you have to think he is not in millwards plans .and after the performance of o'loughlin against leeds i hope millward can see his mistake and get danny back at stand off this week against Huddersfield
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

The trouble is , even Stevo noticed that we always look to Moran to kick, so the opposition have an easy target, Leeds can look to Sinfield, Maguire or Burrowall of whom can kick better than Moran. Most sides can boast two or three players that can put in a good kick in play, Castleford of course have Danny Sculthorpe :D . haven't seen the opta stats this week, but after the first round Danny was also top ball carrier with most carries and greatest yards gained. :roll:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

exile in Tiger country posted:
The trouble is , even Stevo noticed that we always look to Moran to kick, so the opposition have an easy target, Leeds can look to Sinfield, Maguire or Burrowall of whom can kick better than Moran. Most sides can boast two or three players that can put in a good kick in play, Castleford of course have Danny Sculthorpe :D . haven't seen the opta stats this week, but after the first round Danny was also top ball carrier with most carries and greatest yards gained. :roll:
O'Loughlin used to be an excellent kicker before his injury...wonder if he's still not 100%, or lacking confidence.
superleague

Post by superleague »

GeoffN posted:
exile in Tiger country posted:
O'Loughlin used to be an excellent kicker before his injury...wonder if he's still not 100%, or lacking confidence.
we've missed that already and its only been 2 games!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

BIG AL posted:
I hope he was ill but after seeing him on the bench in france you have to think he is not in millwards plans .and after the performance of o'loughlin against leeds i hope millward can see his mistake and get danny back at stand off this week against Huddersfield
I know that Danny Orr was ill before and during the Les Catalan match and that was why he started on the bench.

I don't know if our was ill last week but because he was ill on the weekend i'd guess that he missed a few days training to recover, remember he don't work in an office if he doesn't feel 100% then he should be training because training while ill can cause more serious problems.

But then again I could be wrong.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

He wasn't ill last week, he was DROPPED, because millwards having a play about!!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
superleague

Post by superleague »

if its true that orr is out then this season is over as bad as orr is we have no other decent stand off to replace him with. as many people have said lockers is not a stand off, brown, well everyone knows my views on him.
the only other options that would be available would to put higham as 7 and moran at 6 or maybe godwin at 7 but hes much better at 9 as we all know.
nathan G

Post by nathan G »

hope fully he will be on the three o clock train from wallgate station to castleford this afternoon :D
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I can understand why people are not exactly pleased with Orr's performances in a Wigan shirt. He has been a big disappointment, especially after the way he played at Castleford.

However I fail to see how getting rid of him after 2 rounds when he has yet to play a game fit is anything other than lunacy. He may not be the best stand off around; (and I know that is an understatement) however he is the best stand off the club currently has. Lockers is not a stand off and I am not sure what Kevin Brown is - other than a drain on the salary cap and 20/20.

If we can find a replacement - brilliant, I will be happy to see him go; until then we are stuck with him.

Where on earth are we going find a replacement for him at this time of year? If anyone has mastered cloning and wants to make us a Frano Botica then I am more than happy to throw in a few quid.

How many people on here can honestly say that they prefer Brown?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------