Wembley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mstiggy

Re: Wembley

Post by mstiggy »

Call your self fans, I went to watch WIGAN play BATH at Twickers and after a dodgy first half they picked up the rules and could have beat them at there own game if it had lasted a bit longer.
Have to agree though not a good place to get too, even worse than Wembley, facilities inside not bad but anyway...... WE`RE ALL GOING TO WEMBLEY na na na na ,...WE`RE ALL GOING TO WEMBLEY, WE`RE ALL GOING TO WEMBLEY......

It will be finished by August. :D
botica

Post by botica »

Now that paddy power have paid out to all the builders it will now get a riddle on! We will be at wembley in Aug!!
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Twickenham is a great stadium when it doesn't have any England Rugby Union fans in it. It would have been nice to get one more Challenge Cup Final at Cardiff but the new Wembley certainly looks impressive from down here.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Rugby league Challenge Cup Final actually ends up being the first booked event when the stadium is ready? I'm sure a football match would be hastily arranged to avoid us lot sullying the showpiece opening. I guess the Charity (sorry Community) Shield will be the favourite now
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Ruzzle posted:
Right, its about time someone defended the building company. As a project manager for a construction firm it gets my goat when all the press reports blame the builder for everything that goes wrong.
Let me tell you the client will be as much to blame for delays as will other contributors to the stadium.
For a start there has been a large number of design changes during the building. Why? Ask the faceless morons at the FA and their representatives, they are the ones who will create changes. Every design change made costs time and money and somebody has to pay for it, why should the building contractor when its not his fault?
I agree with you on this, although perhaps the project's risk assessment (presumably involving both the FA and the builders) wasn't done very well to determine the full impact on the timetable and financial consequences of these various changes. The fact that the cost of the project has been capped suggests to me that the constuction company had said that whatever changes were requested could be done within that budget, otherwise, as you say, why should they pay instead of the FA pay since the FA are the ones who requested the changes. But the cost has exceeded the price Multiplex are being paid and they will lose a lot of money. They must have agreed to this, and so don't get too much sympathy from me. There was also the dispute with the subcontractors they used for supplying steel for the project, and for a project of this size, importance and potential prestige for Multiplex I would have thought they would have made sure their subcontractors were on the same wavelength. But the bottom line is that the FA have certainly contributed to this fiasco and they should certainly get blasted by the media as much as Multiplex have been.
Careful Fraggle. The case between Cleveland Bridge (the original Steelwork contractor) and Multiplex has yet to be heard!!

According to today's Construction News Multiplex have admitted losses are currently around the £175m mark. Also, they state that workers at Wembley now expect to still be on site in August due to Electrician's working hours being scaled back to save £100K a week on wages.

IMO we need to sort an alternative venue out now for the CC Final.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Fraggle posted:
TWO EYED WARRIOR posted: I agree with you on this, although perhaps the project's risk assessment (presumably involving both the FA and the builders) wasn't done very well to determine the full impact on the timetable and financial consequences of these various changes. The fact that the cost of the project has been capped suggests to me that the constuction company had said that whatever changes were requested could be done within that budget, otherwise, as you say, why should they pay instead of the FA pay since the FA are the ones who requested the changes. But the cost has exceeded the price Multiplex are being paid and they will lose a lot of money. They must have agreed to this, and so don't get too much sympathy from me. There was also the dispute with the subcontractors they used for supplying steel for the project, and for a project of this size, importance and potential prestige for Multiplex I would have thought they would have made sure their subcontractors were on the same wavelength. But the bottom line is that the FA have certainly contributed to this fiasco and they should certainly get blasted by the media as much as Multiplex have been.
Careful Fraggle. The case between Cleveland Bridge (the original Steelwork contractor) and Multiplex has yet to be heard!!

According to today's Construction News Multiplex have admitted losses are currently around the £175m mark. Also, they state that workers at Wembley now expect to still be on site in August due to Electrician's working hours being scaled back to save £100K a week on wages.

Iv said it before & will say it again "MURRYFIELD"
:lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

nathan G

Post by nathan G »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Fraggle posted:
TWO EYED WARRIOR posted: I agree with you on this, although perhaps the project's risk assessment (presumably involving both the FA and the builders) wasn't done very well to determine the full impact on the timetable and financial consequences of these various changes. The fact that the cost of the project has been capped suggests to me that the constuction company had said that whatever changes were requested could be done within that budget, otherwise, as you say, why should they pay instead of the FA pay since the FA are the ones who requested the changes. But the cost has exceeded the price Multiplex are being paid and they will lose a lot of money. They must have agreed to this, and so don't get too much sympathy from me. There was also the dispute with the subcontractors they used for supplying steel for the project, and for a project of this size, importance and potential prestige for Multiplex I would have thought they would have made sure their subcontractors were on the same wavelength. But the bottom line is that the FA have certainly contributed to this fiasco and they should certainly get blasted by the media as much as Multiplex have been.

i have a mate who's brother is working on wembley.he says it will be only finished in august.it then takes another month to carry out all the safety checks etc he reckons early september.they are working 24/7 at the moment but its delay after delay the showers are being rebuild due to the height being to low. :conf:
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

I heard that the Saints players during the off season to keep them under the 20/20 ruling did a bit of labouring.

Wasnt one of the reasons for the delay a lack of supplies. I think they needed to beef up their security and check a few people on their way out especially now as the have announced a new stadium or 18000 seater bus shelter.

Mark my words there will be some Wembley artifacts turning up there!

:lol:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

what about croke park dublin, now there,s a placeto have a drink :D
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

Think of the possiblity

France for some wines & tan top up in the summer

And away games on St Patricks day for a drop of the genius

I vote fo the expansion of SL to include an Irish team for next year

Any seconders!

A :blush:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

no the gaa has lifted their ban on foreign? sports and are going to let the iru and the fai stage games there while landsdown rd gets refurbed