Wigan squad to face Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Wigan squad to face Saints

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

pedro wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:36 pm He has let his team down, lam cost us the game
Nobody has played well
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

This has to be the worst performance of the season so far and that's saying something considering what we have served up this season.
Absolutely clueless and haven't got anywhere near to scoring a try
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Utter tripe.

Ref was awful.

Isa lost the plot and Bateman is shockingly bad.
Wigan_forever1985

I’d say this is the worst I’ve seen since the end of the noble times
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

This is the end of the season for us, the only way is down the table with Lam in charge
bertina

Post by bertina »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:41 pm I’d say this is the worst I’ve seen since the end of the noble times
I agree. But I may be controversial here, but I don’t think all these so called brilliant youngsters of ours are as good as we would like to think.
Partington: Tries hard, not big enough, never looks like breaking a tackle.
Smithies: exactly the same.
Byrne: big enough, just not good enough.
On top of this, Isa, Farrell, and Bateman are not exactly huge, and we come back to the same problem we have had for ages.
Backs can’t do anything behind a pack that’s is getting slaughtered week in week out.
The 2 props we have signed from the NRL can’t arrive soon enough.
Wigan_forever1985

bertina wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:54 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:41 pm I’d say this is the worst I’ve seen since the end of the noble times
I agree. But I may be controversial here, but I don’t think all these so called brilliant youngsters of ours are as good as we would like to think.
On top of this, Isa, Farrell, and Bateman are not exactly huge, and we come back to the same problem we have had for ages.
Backs can’t do anything behind a pack that’s is getting slaughtered week in week out.
Think scully summed it up - they aren’t ready yet they need senior players around them
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’ve always said that about our youngsters, they give their all but not sure if there anything special, shorrocks and Pearce Paul are best of the bunch for me.
In their defence though a better coach wouldn’t of thrown them to the lions like Lam has.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’ve said for a while we don’t know if these young ones are any good I think a fair few aren’t but I love to be proven wrong but will I be?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Well things are looking up according to Lam interview “We will make the top 6, we get powell back next week”🤦‍♂️