Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Lam Out!

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:02 pm
southportcdm wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:14 pm Wintergreen - I'm not saying that Waney and Matty are the best option, just the one that has been taken. We can only hope that it's the best option at this stage.
Given that both are at the club now & rumours Lam is just a puppet, it’s concerning.
I heard Lam isn't a real person and it's just a puppet with Kerion cunninghams arm up his butt.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:31 pm Waney and Matty Peet are taking over next season. They are already in place at the club so they may as well start this week. My reading of the situation (for what it's worth) is that I assume that some of the older players have lost faith in Lammy. They're probably being awkward, 'playing up' in training and not giving him the respect he feels he deserves. The youngsters are still giving 100% because they are keen and want to play for Wigan. Lammy doesn't feel that he can pick those older players that arn't putting it in during training so the youngsters keep playing. We can all make our own decisions about who's to blame but the easiest way to sort things out is to change the coach.

If IL delays any further it must be either to save money or because he doesn't think things can be turned around this season. I thought Lammy would go today but perhaps, with the Cas game before Tuesday's forum, he''ll survive until after Monday's game.
Not done Wakefield any harm sacking their coach 2 wins out of 2
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:08 pm
southportcdm wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:14 pm Wintergreen - I'm not saying that Waney and Matty are the best option, just the one that has been taken. We can only hope that it's the best option at this stage.
No I realise that.

Imo we need a top Australian coach. Someone new with no baggage.
Never a truer word, we need undoubted calibre in the next coach, not a project or else this malaise will be endless.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Nezza Faz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:24 pm
No I realise that.

Never a truer word, we need undoubted calibre in the next coach, not a project or else this malaise will be endless.
I think this has to be a point made at the fans forum - that fans want to see something new and exciting not wane talking about being dumb and detail again while grinding out games - it needs fresh eyes someone with no ties to any players and no preferences
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:28 pm

No I realise that.

I think this has to be a point made at the fans forum - that fans want to see something new and exciting not wane talking about being dumb and detail again while grinding out games - it needs fresh eyes someone with no ties to any players and no preferences
Trouble is though the very cream of Australian coaches won’t come here and we’ve just got an ex NRL assistant at present so it’s not as easy as it appears.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

No I realise that.

But Wane rugby not being exciting is just a lie, so many good tries and good attack rugby but the anti Wane brigade just claimed that was players ignoring the plan.

Not that I think Wane back long term is a good idea but if we could have him short term to steady the ship (say the next 3 games) it would be great.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:24 pm Never a truer word, we need undoubted calibre in the next coach, not a project or else this malaise will be endless.
Trouble is though the very cream of Australian coaches won’t come here and we’ve just got an ex NRL assistant at present so it’s not as easy as it appears.
Lam lasted about five minutes as an assistant on the NRL. He ended up coaching the equivalent of our academy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:24 pm Never a truer word, we need undoubted calibre in the next coach, not a project or else this malaise will be endless.
But Wane rugby not being exciting is just a lie, so many good tries and good attack rugby but the anti Wane brigade just claimed that was players ignoring the plan.

Not that I think Wane back long term is a good idea but if we could have him short term to steady the ship (say the next 3 games) it would be great.
Poor attacking play under Wane is not a myth. Far from it. We still looked clueless in the last 20m regularly. Like every week. Wane had the advantage of a few more better players including more than just Marshall as a class winger.

We had some players who could score from distance and there is no doubt some good tries were scored like that but I suspect had Wane not had the likes of Davis and Budgie in his prime we have had plenty more complaints about the attack.

pedro

Post by pedro »

DaveO wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:03 am
Caboosegg wrote:

Poor attacking play under Wane is not a myth. Far from it. We still looked clueless in the last 20m regularly. Like every week. Wane had the advantage of a few more better players including more than just Marshall as a class winger.

We had some players who could score from distance and there is no doubt some good tries were scored like that but I suspect had Wane not had the likes of Davis and Budgie in his prime we have had plenty more complaints about the attack.

we also had matty smith at 7 etc and still smashed it, it is a myth, we were just defensively focused and thats how you play the modern game
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:37 pm

It was boring and at least 50% of the users on here wanted him out after year 2.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆