Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Post by moto748 »

Just watching the scores back on Wigan TV, that second try was so nicely worked, and Bibby's took a bit of scoring too, so well done to him.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Happy with that result.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Great result and 3 from 3.

Saw the highlights after the Leeds vs Cats game and two tries came from Tommy taking the line on which is great.

Good to see Farrell scoring. Not sure how many he scored last year but from memory not as many via his usual line break style?

Should we be worried about that heavy strapping on fields knee?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:56 am Yeah Cust is certainly not Jackson Hastings II. And, as you say, none the worst for that. Apparently ST went off for Catalans tonight. I wonder if he'll be fit for Wigan? I expect so.
McNamara said he had an issue going into the game but when asked if it was the same knee as previous issues said he didn’t know.

Sam went off around the 60 minute and didn’t return.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Excellent win in awful conditions - probably a loss last season. Thought we got sucked into a wrestling match and a lot of our mistakes came from Huddersfield putting a lot of wrestle into the tackle and disrupting any real flow to the game. But defence was good and some well-worked tries. Tommy shaded MoM for me.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Certainly wasn't as cold as last week!

I think we made hard work of it at times with ill-disciplined defense inside the Huddersfield 10! That said, we demonstrated how collective and how strong we are defensively as a unit!

3 from 3, expect to beat Toulouse, turn over Catalans and its an impressive start!

Curious to know why Hardaker is playing wing and Bibby is centre?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Maybe a hangover from Zak's short pre season because of injury? Or his request to leave......maybe defensively the advantage of him defending kicks and bringing the ball out is more a coaches reason. Can't say it's not working Bibby definitely looks to have bulked up and seems a lot stronger in the tackle because if it. Bibby looks like he loves it here, living the dream and will only get better with his attitude I'm hoping.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:56 am Certainly wasn't as cold as last week!

I think we made hard work of it at times with ill-disciplined defense inside the Huddersfield 10! That said, we demonstrated how collective and how strong we are defensively as a unit!

3 from 3, expect to beat Toulouse, turn over Catalans and its an impressive start!

Curious to know why Hardaker is playing wing and Bibby is centre?
Discipline is what our problem was last season, along with other things but that was defo the worst of the lot.
Dont need that crawling back into our game
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:22 am Well I have just got back after a detour to Rochdale of all places. My son came over from Leeds but being disorganised forget to check the trains back and there weren’t any. :shock:

So had to drive through the weather including standing water on the M62 and snow to get him to a train.

Just as well we won after given that. I am sure the conditions were difficult but we were our own worst enemy at times. How many repeat sets in our own 20m area did we gift them with stupid mistakes and penalties?

Defence was very good. Hudds are a big side and their no 11, Jones had a good game.
Maybe so about the mistakes but it's clear this season the defence is fine as well as attack but I say this at no point t in the game did I think Huddersfield would win the game ,wigan lost Cust instead of going into headless chicken mode the side mow seems to assess the issue and sort it out it really is good to see,as I say I rate Huddersfield and Watson as a coach but wigan had their measure last night.

Glad you got home safe though it was a nasty night for sure
Gaznier

Post by Gaznier »

Wasn't very happy when we gave Tommy a new deal... but I've got to say he's looked like a player reborn so far.