Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
saint

Re: Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Post by saint »

Mike wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:55 pm
saint wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:09 pm Congratulations on your win!
Part 1 of the "saints double" safely in Wigan.
You must have been hibernating…… we are going for 4 In A row , double is a 90’s thing !

I won’t comment on the game , will be interpreted as being bitter !

You have the cup ‘ Just like that ‘ 😂 Wigan ‘ Tommy cooper ‘ warriors .sorry , couldn’t resist !

Have a great few days , enjoy our misery ! Have a drink on us 🍻
saint

Post by saint »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:50 pm Glad we won, and the result is in tomorrow's papers whatever is said about goal kicks, referee's decisions, or who deserved what.

Having said that, I feel genuinely sorry for Huddersfield and Watson. They've won nowt since 1953, and (against any other team) I'd have said they deserved to get something for their efforts.

Gerry McGillvary was on local news here in Yorkshire yesterday and came across as a really humble, grounded bloke: "I'm from a council estate and never saw myself moving to Australia" etc. I think I was the only wearer of a Wigan shirt applauding him when he came back from scoring his try. (Apologies if this offends anyone.)
Lovely post that is! From the heart
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Firestarter wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:41 pm Certain players have truly bottled it today…… playing tommy on the bench has totally backfired…… hopefully a bit ov individual brilliance will snatch it……. Why have we reverted to forwards not running on to the ball again?
Tommy’s pass won us the game
Backfired my arse
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

up the junction wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:23 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:41 pm Certain players have truly bottled it today…… playing tommy on the bench has totally backfired…… hopefully a bit ov individual brilliance will snatch it……. Why have we reverted to forwards not running on to the ball again?
Tommy’s pass won us the game
Backfired my arse
He did a good pass ,yes….. smith scored one and made two….. tommy lost possession when we had them on the ropes with a bit of glory hunting and forgetting to play the ball…… if we had lost he would have been slated….. it was a bad decision to play him and we got away with it barely
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Haven’t read all messages today, been on the drink all day watching the warriors beat the giants in the challenge cup final and the scousers get beat in champs league today so forgive if I miss anything anyone has said, but so happy we won today. For me though the best team lost!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Harry smith did what a pivot should do, big decisions in a big game and he did it well! If we played like we did against Catalans or saints we would of got beat!
We were sloppy with the ball.
We need to move on and improve, which we have done under Peet, and let’s hope this pushes us on into the playoffs
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I haven't read them all either!

Was having a chat on the coach back and we all generally agreed, Huddersfield were the better team (over the 80 min period), our execution and game management was poor, simply, we created chances and took them!

Wins a win! Could say sloppy, but it's done! Focus on the GF, make mine a double allover again!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:50 pm Glad we won, and the result is in tomorrow's papers whatever is said about goal kicks, referee's decisions, or who deserved what.

Having said that, I feel genuinely sorry for Huddersfield and Watson. They've won nowt since 1953, and (against any other team) I'd have said they deserved to get something for their efforts.

Gerry McGillvary was on local news here in Yorkshire yesterday and came across as a really humble, grounded bloke: "I'm from a council estate and never saw myself moving to Australia" etc. I think I was the only wearer of a Wigan shirt applauding him when he came back from scoring his try. (Apologies if this offends anyone.)
Why should it offend anyone? I applauded his try too 😊 I applaud any good try scored 👏🏼 No matter who it is, that’s how I was brought up. Support the game, the play & your team. I’ve had many a dirty look for applauding Sts or Wire, if it’s a good try applaud it then moan if it’s not your team 😊

As you say, it’s a shame, he is a really nice guy & has been so loyal to Huddersfield him & Michael Lawrence.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:50 am

Why should it offend anyone? I applauded his try too 😊 I applaud any good try scored 👏🏼 No matter who it is, that’s how I was brought up. Support the game, the play & your team. I’ve had many a dirty look for applauding Sts or Wire, if it’s a good try applaud it then moan if it’s not your team 😊

As you say, it’s a shame, he is a really nice guy & has been so loyal to Huddersfield him & Michael Lawrence.
I agree with everything you say Morley and Josie,good play is good play no matter the team or player
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Winning a trophy is massive for this new regime at the club,to get silverware at the first time of asking will give us the platform to kick on to better performances better squad building and knowing we've got a cup in the trophy cabinet takes alot of pressure off.
We can enjoy the rest of the season knowing we've progressed no matter what happens,I don't care that it was ugly the first ones usually are and I'm not sure this current squad can live with Saints on a regular basis but it's a great platform to start from.