the salford fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mr Stu

Re: the salford fans

Post by Mr Stu »

i agree i work in salford for my sins. it wasnt the genuine salford fans but the hoodies or chavs who caused all the abuse. it upset me a lot because i took my five year old son to the game . over the last few seasons it been a great game with no hassells but friday !! wont be taking him again which is a shame :angry: [/quote][quote]nathan G posted:

i was stood near the centre. the fans around me were alright. they were complaining all the time about the ref and did get a bit excited when they were winning but u expect that when they win. (it isnt that often they win. lol) the trouble started at the end when i saw some drunk lads shouting at our fans. it was a disgrace even my family who are salford fans said it was disgracful
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I was also a bit worried, had my little sis my other sisters mate and my bf with me and a group of lads were walking behind us talking about throwing snowballs at random Wiganers. They won, it doesn't make sense wouldn't you be in a better mood for winning, it would have made more sense if Wiganers had been throwing snow balls. Good turn up for the Wigan fans though and from what I Saw they were well behaved too.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
JJwilliams

Post by JJwilliams »

Their were loads of teenagers drinking from both sides, they didn't behave too bad it was the older salford guys that were getting agressive. I certainly won't be taking my kids to that ground again, my son was terrified. I have nothing against Salford as i have family there, but after friday night i feel it's not the place for little ones.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

So is it back to sunday afternoon at salford like its allways been??? :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
im_a_cuckoo

Post by im_a_cuckoo »

How predictable that this, the second outbreak of trouble this season, should be called "the football disease" on here. I haven't heard of this sort of thing happening at Latics' games. Why don't we all admit that there's always been an element that wants a ruck off the field. There's even a book about it. Amd some of those visits to Wires and Hull have been a bit tasty over the years.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
How predictable that this, the second outbreak of trouble this season, should be called "the football disease" on here. I haven't heard of this sort of thing happening at Latics' games. Why don't we all admit that there's always been an element that wants a ruck off the field. There's even a book about it. Amd some of those visits to Wires and Hull have been a bit tasty over the years.
Difference is, the Latics have a massive army of police, look at the ongoing argument between Whelan the greater manchester police. There's bound to be a bit more control and there is very rarely any fighting at the rugby. You can't comment on rugby being just as bad based on a Salford game. No offence to those from Salford but it's not exactly friendly capital.

Obviously there will be a small group of trouble makers at stadiums, it's just the way life goes. There are trouble makers wherever you go whatever you do. Mostly young kids that have been thrown out the house for the night while their parents go drinking and not bothering about what their kids are up to.

The passion runs high in rugby as it does in football, but at least rugby fans can take a bit of banter.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
I guess you had never heard of the Latics before this season then. Just search google for Wigan vs Cardiff and Wigan vs Millwall and tell me there is not trouble at Latics matches.

Having said that, Salford has always been a bit rough - you'd expect abuse just walking the streets on a normal day regardless of rugby - and I think Friday night matches are more intimidating just because its dark. Hull was ment to be bad (I never went to the Buolevard), but I'm not sure the move to a new staduim has solved their behaviour problems - my car was hit by a stone leaving the ground last time at the KC.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
The spy

Post by The spy »

'I guess you had never heard of the Latics before this season then. Just search google for Wigan vs Cardiff and Wigan vs Millwall and tell me there is not trouble at Latics matches.'

To be fare, those incidents were around 5 years ago, with the away fans causing most of the trouble.

There has been an increase in violence and general unpleasant behaviour at RL matces in recent seasons.

The problem is the RL establishment stick their heads in the ground and don't tackle the problem head on.

Rather it's written of as a 'football disease' and the likes of the Wigan Evening Post do a great job in keeping these incidents tucked away, if reported at all!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

The spy posted:
'I guess you had never heard of the Latics before this season then. Just search google for Wigan vs Cardiff and Wigan vs Millwall and tell me there is not trouble at Latics matches.'

To be fare, those incidents were around 5 years ago, with the away fans causing most of the trouble.

There has been an increase in violence and general unpleasant behaviour at RL matces in recent seasons.

The problem is the RL establishment stick their heads in the ground and don't tackle the problem head on.

Rather it's written of as a 'football disease' and the likes of the Wigan Evening Post do a great job in keeping these incidents tucked away, if reported at all!
There haven't been any incidents to report though. There were a few kids throwing snowballs on Friday night, there were kids throwing snowballs into shop windows on Saturday that wasn't reported either. Kids were throwing snowballs at buses and people on Wed and Fri when it started snowing, it happens in a way it wasn't related to the result. It was just kids being kids.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

The spy posted:
To be taking information from t'internet, you can buy videos or dvds or whatever of hooliganism between Coventry and Wigan (2003/4) and Wigan and Preston (2003/4)... I didn't bother looking any further, but these are hardly 5 years ago (http://s6.invisionfree.com/The_Herd/ar/t5574.htm - number 53 on the list).

Hardly. The big incident at the Leeds vs Hull Cup game a few years back made everyone aware of the problem.
If there are incidents at the JJB, or directly involving WRLFC fans, then I would expect the WEP to report that. I wouldn't expect them to be particularly bothered about reporting incidents in other towns outside their area involving other teams. Incidents where WRLFC fans have been the troublemakers are very isolated indeed.

In terms of hooliganism being a "football disease", it's interesting to note that there are big lists of the hooligan groups associated with each soccer club on the internet, but no similar list for the rugby clubs... I wonder why that is? Maybe because it's difficult to make up lists of things that don't exist?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]