disciplinary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: disciplinary

Post by Mickw »

The penalty in the first minute when we made a break was milked by the defender ,a big momentum changer from the start.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mickw wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:38 pm The penalty in the first minute when we made a break was milked by the defender ,a big momentum changer from the start.
Yes but Singleton knew he was a dummy runner and he should have made sure he hit the inside shoulder, don't give the referee an excuse to penalise you.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:47 pm
Mickw wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:38 pm The penalty in the first minute when we made a break was milked by the defender ,a big momentum changer from the start.
Yes but Singleton knew he was a dummy runner and he should have made sure he hit the inside shoulder, don't give the referee an excuse to penalise you.
I thought it was a bad defensive read
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

the pieman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:31 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:17 pm The charges for Morgan are both for a high tackle but one is a grade C 2 match ban & grade B 2 match
ban!!!

Why?? Two different grades?
they'll be looking at intent etc

for me, the first one catches Greenwood, but looked like he was trying to dislodge the ball - penalty, but nowt else. Ref wasnt giving anything until the Hudds players started waving their arms
2nd one, swinging arm, but bit of slap across the chops, credit to Leutele for just getting up and making nothing of it. Current rules, probably worth the 2 games, but not much more

Singleton knee to head (may just have been an accident) looked at ref nothing, Faz nothing, so why did he stop and take notice of the Hudds players?
listen Cust told Child that saints players where in front the kicker for Saints second try in the semi which was true ,Child decided to ignore him and the cameras and just give a try ,why.Why would any half decent official do such a thing, it was clearly a wrong decision in a big game,yet Ganson rewards him with the final, Why?
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Mickw wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:25 am
the pieman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:31 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:17 pm The charges for Morgan are both for a high tackle but one is a grade C 2 match ban & grade B 2 match
ban!!!

Why?? Two different grades?
they'll be looking at intent etc

for me, the first one catches Greenwood, but looked like he was trying to dislodge the ball - penalty, but nowt else. Ref wasnt giving anything until the Hudds players started waving their arms
2nd one, swinging arm, but bit of slap across the chops, credit to Leutele for just getting up and making nothing of it. Current rules, probably worth the 2 games, but not much more

Singleton knee to head (may just have been an accident) looked at ref nothing, Faz nothing, so why did he stop and take notice of the Hudds players?
listen Cust told Child that saints players where in front the kicker for Saints second try in the semi which was true ,Child decided to ignore him and the cameras and just give a try ,why.Why would any half decent official do such a thing, it was clearly a wrong decision in a big game,yet Ganson rewards him with the final, Why?
i've had this exact conversation with a couple of my mates.
2 of Saints tries came from kicks, and both of them players were offside who influenced play. The 1st one, there were 3 players i reckon on the right hand side all offside / very close, and that led to Lomax scoring as they challenged for the ball. The default position for years, unless the ref is absolutely 100% is to check for onside / offside. But no, not in a semi final, why would you do that
the Roby try, came from LMS challenging French i think it was, and again he was just to the right of the kicker but in front, so by default, if he goes within 10 yards he is interfering with play, and penalty to Wigan. Now i still think Wigan should have prevented Roby from scoring, but shouldt have been in that position in the 1st place

and as for milking of the penalties, it needs to be stopped now. I hate football and stopped watching it years ago, because i genuinely believe that they are overpaid, and there is too much diving / cheating in the game, and that completely turned me off from watching games week in week out, to wont watch it if is was played in my front garden. It is starting to creep into RL, and i dont like it. I'm not naive enough to think that things havent gone on in the past to gain an advantage, but i dont believe that players feined injury i.e holding head, neck etc just to get the refs attention and get a penalty or player sent off
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

pedro wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:46 pm
so was Bibby coming in when McQueen scored. the attacker ran straight into him too, but not even looked at

IMO, both were bad reads, but one stopped immediately and one just ignored and try awarded.

Do we think that in real time that the ref can watch the player with the ball, and genuinely see which shoulder the dummy runner hits? I know the job they have is hard enough, but i dont think they will be able to see that as well as watch the man with the ball, hence the technology. I get some obstructions are so blatent, that it cant be missed, but the fine margins that the dummy runners / man with ball are running means that i dont think that in real time, the ref will be able to genuinely call it right
pedro

Post by pedro »

the pieman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:01 am
pedro wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:46 pm

so was Bibby coming in when McQueen scored. the attacker ran straight into him too, but not even looked at

IMO, both were bad reads, but one stopped immediately and one just ignored and try awarded.

Do we think that in real time that the ref can watch the player with the ball, and genuinely see which shoulder the dummy runner hits? I know the job they have is hard enough, but i dont think they will be able to see that as well as watch the man with the ball, hence the technology. I get some obstructions are so blatent, that it cant be missed, but the fine margins that the dummy runners / man with ball are running means that i dont think that in real time, the ref will be able to genuinely call it right
no but his touch judges should be
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I was baffled at the time why Bibby being steamrollered didn't get looked at but then remembered it was a Child in charge (using the term loosely here).
culinator

Post by culinator »

Im surprised i havent seen anyone mention the Refs decision about the injured players on the ground.
It frustrated me at the time.

Wigan player injured on ground, play carries on, almost over the top of said injured player.

Hudds player injured on ground not as close to the play and Ref stops the play.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

That’s covered in the rules, as soon as the doctor comes on the field the ref has to stop the game
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!