Team for Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Team for Saints

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:30 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:08 pm
Mickw wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:30 pm Just watched it back, Wilkin what the fk are you watching, absolute tosser.
The overall commentary is very poor. It was like three blokes having a chat in the pub.
I’ve been saying this for years. I can’t stand listening to them prattling on about anything other than the game they’re watching. It’s because of this I end up not watching other teams because of the inane rubbish they keep spouting 😠
Thought you'd be used to it, Josie 🤔
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Anyone know when the full match will be on WiganTV?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

benjamaphone wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:28 pm Anyone know when the full match will be on WiganTV?
It's on YouTube. Just type wigan vs st helens 2023
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

benjamaphone wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:28 pm Anyone know when the full match will be on WiganTV?
After midnight Sunday
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PJC

Post by PJC »

Just listening to the commentary on YouTube. It feels as though I m sitting in front of 2 blokes who are constantly shouting down my ear at the game. It could be a darts match.
The commentary belittles the spectacle and play.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

PJC wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:58 pm Just listening to the commentary on YouTube. It feels as though I m sitting in front of 2 blokes who are constantly shouting down my ear at the game. It could be a darts match.
I didn't notice that at the time TBH. Seemed fine. Wilkins being forced to get defensive about saints was a highlight IMO. When he gets biased we're doing something right!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Mike wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:59 am
PJC wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:58 pm Just listening to the commentary on YouTube. It feels as though I m sitting in front of 2 blokes who are constantly shouting down my ear at the game. It could be a darts match.
I didn't notice that at the time TBH. Seemed fine. Wilkins being forced to get defensive about saints was a highlight IMO. When he gets biased we're doing something right!
Him getting upset about not getting a penalty and being corrected being told it was a 50/50 and subsequently losing his shit was great
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

https://youtu.be/QxxTYAN5Ths

Link for YouTube
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Shemtatupu

Post by Shemtatupu »

Mike wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:59 am
I watched it in a pub in Leeds with no commentary, just music. Pure bliss.

I know what's happening anyway so I don't need them telling me the wrong player names etc
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

1st time i've been ont laptop since Friday

i thought we controlled the game well from the 1st minute to the 80th. yes Saints made some breaks, but generally they were poor and looked like they had no idea what to do with the ball in hand

Harry Smith IMO was outstanding, and controlled the game with some fantastic last tackle kicking. In the 2nd half, Makinson must have been proper f***ed off with him, dropping the ball 2m out from the Saints line, and getting hit by the chase (on repeat).

if i was being ultra-critical of the performance it was we didnt attack Saints right side enough. Hurrell must be a nightmare with ball in hand, but equally is a turnstile in defence, and we should have gone there more after we scored that 1st try as i think we may have had more success