HullKR v Wigan CC match thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: HullKR v Wigan CC match thread

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:53 pm I give up DaveO I bow to your unlimited expertise of RL. You know better than the coaches, the owners and the CEO. If you ran wigan we would be in a golden Era of being unstoppable as we know there's no excuses and it's just poor players, poor coaches and poor owners. By disagreeing with your views I'm just a happy clapper. I shall hold of posting any alternate views and only post when we lose.
You can disagree all you want if you can actually point to some evidence that the team is doing well, which you can’t because they aren’t. Take your cherry and white specs off, stop talking about me and try and offer up some evidence of the team playing well instead of trying to deflect and making excuses for a poor team which is what Wigan are at the moment. They have gone backwards this season.

That was our best chance of silverware gone this season and this team isn’t good enough to go on a run in the playoffs.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pearsy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:12 pm We are just not good enough in all aspects of the game including players and coaching staff
Obviously true but some can’t or won’t see it.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Thought when we went down to 12 then Smith would have been told to kick for touch on the last. Make HKR being their set from a standing start. Down to 12 there was no way we were going to be fitter than them going into the last 20 mins.

Somehow I think our luck ran out. We were lucky at Leeds when Newman got greedy. We got lucky against Wire when their match winning try was disallowed for a forward pass. Today we were unlucky as Lewis was falling and Shorrocks hit the ball then his head. We've all seen those decisions be a penalty plus a warning for the offending player involved. We don't usually see a card for those tackles.

Did Moore over react against Wigan with the Warriors being from his home town?
A Wigan referee taking charge of a C Cup Semi Final when Wigan are involved is stupid. Normal for the RFL but stupid for the rest of the sporting world!
As we know though, the RFL do stupid!
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:25 pm Thought when we went down to 12 then Smith would have been told to kick for touch on the last. Make HKR being their set from a standing start. Down to 12 there was no way we were going to be fitter than them going into the last 20 mins.

Somehow I think our luck ran out. We were lucky at Leeds when Newman got greedy. We got lucky against Wire when their match winning try was disallowed for a forward pass. Today we were unlucky as Lewis was falling and Shorrocks hit the ball then his head. We've all seen those decisions be a penalty plus a warning for the offending player involved. We don't usually see a card for those tackles.

Did Moore over react against Wigan with the Warriors being from his home town?
A Wigan referee taking charge of a C Cup Semi Final when Wigan are involved is stupid. Normal for the RFL but stupid for the rest of the sporting world!
As we know though, the RFL do stupid!
Thaler made that decision for him
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Moore just made the decisions not to call them offside collecting the ball in an offside position, one of them being a certain 2 points
pedro

Post by pedro »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:43 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:00 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:58 pm

Rubbish. This year our defence is letting us down Briers had nothing to do with that.
We look absolutely clueless in attack in all areas of the pitch.
The problem with our attack is French, Schneider plays for us today and we win.
so a fullback at standoff is our problem? We have 2 and we didnt play them so I dont think its the players fault...
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Red cards do not determine the outcome of games!!!!!! Ffs!!!!

If a red card was the limiting factor of a result we wouldn’t be in the f****in semi in the first place!

Stop making excuses for the team being shit and unable to control a game they had already won!!!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pedro

Post by pedro »

DaveO wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:16 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:53 pm I give up DaveO I bow to your unlimited expertise of RL. You know better than the coaches, the owners and the CEO. If you ran wigan we would be in a golden Era of being unstoppable as we know there's no excuses and it's just poor players, poor coaches and poor owners. By disagreeing with your views I'm just a happy clapper. I shall hold of posting any alternate views and only post when we lose.
You can disagree all you want if you can actually point to some evidence that the team is doing well, which you can’t because they aren’t. Take your cherry and white specs off, stop talking about me and try and offer up some evidence of the team playing well instead of trying to deflect and making excuses for a poor team which is what Wigan are at the moment. They have gone backwards this season.

That was our best chance of silverware gone this season and this team isn’t good enough to go on a run in the playoffs.
your not wrong, we are terrible this year, like under Lam, relying on individual brilliance of french and field, once that runs out were bang average, if harry smith is a wigan standard 7 we may aswell pack up
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:34 pm Red cards do not determine the outcome of games!!!!!! Ffs!!!!

If a red card was the limiting factor of a result we wouldn’t be in the f****in semi in the first place!

Stop making excuses for the team being shit and unable to control a game they had already won!!!
They'll not have it mate it's the refs fault Wigan where running away with it only they weren't and neve looked like doing so either but no let's blame the ref
pedro

Post by pedro »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:45 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:34 pm Red cards do not determine the outcome of games!!!!!! Ffs!!!!

They'll not have it mate it's the refs fault Wigan where running away with it only they weren't and neve looked like doing so either but no let's blame the ref
ref was garbage but so was our game management