Mike Gregorys Case today - PLEASE READ

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Leyther Pie

Re: Mike Gregorys Case tod...

Post by Leyther Pie »

totally agree with warrior till i die well said pal[/quote]
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
Doveoverdave

Re: Mike Gregorys Case today -...

Post by Doveoverdave »

you must not be so naiive enough to listen to what DW and ML say.
"feel comfortable putting him under the stress"

PLEASE, PLEASE don't believe this utter garbage!

These two men are spineless and heartless.
Sounds like he's calling them liars to me!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doveoverdave posted:

Doveoverdave posted:

There's nothing specific in any of that, nothing that could be considered libellous. Some people have effectively accused Millward of lying in his comments about the team because he's really (in their view) an undercover agent for St Helens. Again, no substance, no specific things to support their claims. To me the only controversial thing in this topic is that the discussions are related to someone's health, and I'm a bit concerned about that as a topic when it's really none of our business.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO posted:
Mike and Erica have been deeply moved by the support they have had from the general public as have the rest of his family, myself included.

The way ML seemed insinuate that the case has been something to do with recent performances was laugable.
Did he? I didn't notice that and if he tried to say we are rubbish because of Mike's court case hanging over the club he must think we are all gullible idiots.
Actually they did - from the Guardian http://sport.guardian.co.uk/rugbyleague ... 55,00.html
Wigan averted a traumatic employment tribunal with their seriously ill former coach Mike Gregory yesterday by reaching an out-of-court settlement of £17,500 that they described as "a goodwill gesture", then suggested that the case had contributed to their on-field problems.

"We've had two years where we've not been able to appoint a coach and the bad start is probably a direct result," said the club's owner Dave Whelan, referring to the five defeats in six that have left the Warriors joint bottom of the Super League.

"It is a legacy of it," added the chairman Maurice Lindsay. "We had to live with the fact that it did interrupt the club's progress. There was a cloud over the club for a considerable period of time. Now we return to normal rugby league and see where we can go."

"Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous," responded Gregory's wife Erica, who had been described as "a remarkable woman" by the tribunal's chairman David Leahy. "Are they looking for a scapegoat?"
Hmmm, somewhat dubious seeing as they had appointed Millward before Gregory's contract had expired.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike posted:
Hmmm, somewhat dubious seeing as they had appointed Millward before Gregory's contract had expired.
Dubious? It is as Mike's wife said, ridiculous. What a stupid thing to say.

Dave
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

Typical Lyndsay how did Mikes illness not help our progress? It isnt his fault hes ill, hes a great man and would if he wernt ill still be in charge now.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Fraggle posted:
Doveoverdave posted:

Doveoverdave posted:

There's nothing specific in any of that, nothing that could be considered libellous. Some people have effectively accused Millward of lying in his comments about the team because he's really (in their view) an undercover agent for St Helens. Again, no substance, no specific things to support their claims. To me the only controversial thing in this topic is that the discussions are related to someone's health, and I'm a bit concerned about that as a topic when it's really none of our business.
I forgot Muppets can't read.

As for calling Milly a liar no of this has gone to a court of law!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doveoverdave posted:
I forgot Muppets can't read.

As for calling Milly a liar no of this has gone to a court of law!
Constructive comments, as ever. What bit did I fail to read to your satisfaction? I saw personal opinions expressed that we shouldn't believe DW and ML, but nothing about what the lies were, or what the poster's version of the "truth" was. I also saw your quote that the original poster said DW and ML were "spineless and heartless", and that's nothing at all to do with lying but more an opinion about their conduct in this matter. Perhaps I'm not the only person who needs to improve his reading?

You obviously disagree with what mikesnephew has written, and that's fine. But myself and several other moderators have decided this thread is not a problem, that there's nothing that needs to be moderated, and the site owner has also contributed, and at the end of the day this is his website - if he's decided he's ok with what has been posted then that's the end of it, whether or not you or I agree with the views expressed.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

I may start to post some 'personal views' myself now I know the parameters.

By the way I have expressed no opinion either way about MG.

You may be able to read but.......
I don't want to get moderated!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doveoverdave posted:
I may start to post some 'personal views' myself now I know the parameters.
We treat all comments equally when deciding if they are appropriate. Unsubstantiated allegations or accusations will be removed as normal, otherwise so long as there's nothing libelous or might otherwise get the siteowner into bother then your "personal views" will be treated the same as everyone else's.
By the way I have expressed no opinion either way about MG.
True, but your original post was to say that the original post should have been moderated:- "Moderators please. If there was ever a case of post to be blocked this is it! This is not the forum to vent frustrations about a legal case taken up by a former coach of WRLFC.". I'm still waiting to hear why you don't think this is an appropriate forum, what aspect of it did you not like? If you'd been a bit clearer in your objections rather than just "I don't think this should be here" then you might have a sensible point a page and a half ago.

[hr]