deacon

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: deacon

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
Matthew posted:
We currently have a scrum half in Moran who I would imagine is earning big money. We also have Brown to cover for the injured Orr.

Whilst the above paragraph is depressing to read it seems unlikely that Deacon would be brought in - even IF he were available; especially considering how highly IM is supposed to rate Brown
Hasn't Moran played full-back in the past? It's a position where we're lacking in experienced cover, Millward not wanting to push Ashton too much in his first year in the senior squad, and creates a space at scrum-half...
He was tried there for a few games last season, but didn't look very safe, particularly under high kicks.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
Fraggle posted:
Matthew posted:
We currently have a scrum half in Moran who I would imagine is earning big money. We also have Brown to cover for the injured Orr.

Whilst the above paragraph is depressing to read it seems unlikely that Deacon would be brought in - even IF he were available; especially considering how highly IM is supposed to rate Brown
Hasn't Moran played full-back in the past? It's a position where we're lacking in experienced cover, Millward not wanting to push Ashton too much in his first year in the senior squad, and creates a space at scrum-half...
He was tried there for a few games last season, but didn't look very safe, particularly under high kicks.
No, I think he also played there from time-to-time at London. I know he wasn't very good at it last year at Wigan, but that's hardly anything new!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

he did fraggle he played alot at full back for london. when we played him there he looked a bit shakey to me and a bit unsure.
to deacon. waw. would be amazing, dont think it will happen but if bradford are in short supplies with money and we have pockets full then it could be possible.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Deacon and Solomona are mentioned in an article on manchester online. Could be an element of truth behind the rumour.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
Deacon and Solomona are mentioned in an article on manchester online. Could be an element of truth behind the rumour.
That place is worse than rlfans for rumours.

Dave
Mean Dean

Post by Mean Dean »

Deacon has had a very bad injury and for me it is to be seen if he ever gets over it psycologically.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

adrenalinxx posted:
Matthew posted:
Loads - all of them on RLFans and the BBC site - if you think it's true then get down the bookies and stick a wedge of cash on it - the odds would be staggering...

Why would Deacon leave the a club that he has been at for as long as I can remember; that are the current Super League and World Club Champions, mid way through the season to come to a team that are at the bottom of super league?
Well Wigan is his hometown team and he already has a house in Wigan. Some people just want to play for their hometown not matter where they are in the table.

Personally I can't see him switching form the Bull to Wigan, these rumour probably started because someone saw him in Wigan or something like that, I think he still has family in the area so coming to see them while he's injured isn't and odd thing and doesn't mean he is signing for Wigan.

If you really want to know you could always email him at: paul.deacon@bradfordbulls.co.uk
Its strange other teams have Wigan born half backs why havent we ???
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cos we give them all away! the amount of star half backs to go through the wigan ranks is woeful, bobby goulding, sean long, luke robinson to name but a few
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
cos we give them all away! the amount of star half backs to go through the wigan ranks is woeful, bobby goulding, sean long, luke robinson to name but a few
And I think every one of those you mention left under a cloud.

Dave
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

I went to school with 'babyface' and I was speaking to him in Jumpin jaks in Wigan a couple of years ago. He said then that he would 'Love' to play for Wigan one day. He'll come, but when?
Campions of the rugby world.