Re: Who should go?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
LKC29

Re: Who should go? ...

Post by LKC29 »

emma warriors simply the best posted:
Yes i know there is alot of problems at the club and alot that happens behind closed doors that were never going to know about but since milward turned up things have just got from bad to worse
Emma,
Point taken but you can't blame all of what has happend on Millward. How can broken ankles, fractured cheeks and hamstring tears be his fault? Some of the players openly admit that the team isn't following the game plan. When the players follow the plan we seem to pull it together. I'm not saying that IM is totally blmeless but you can't pin everything on his shoulders, you know that Chairman Doris will have a hand in stirring things up.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

LKC29 posted:
Point taken but you can't blame all of what has happend on Millward. How can broken ankles, fractured cheeks and hamstring tears be his fault? Some of the players openly admit that the team isn't following the game plan. When the players follow the plan we seem to pull it together. I'm not saying that IM is totally blmeless but you can't pin everything on his shoulders, you know that Chairman Doris will have a hand in stirring things up.
Pretty much what Brett Dallas admits in the Wigantoday article:

"He said: "Ian Millward is doing his job but we're not.
"It's us on the field and it's us who are letting him down."
turf

Post by turf »

He's not afraid to speak his mind is he? Having just read the article myself now, I would say that he is correct.

After all, it is not Millward who gives penalties away, or knocks on, or misses tackles is it?
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:
He's not afraid to speak his mind is he? Having just read the article myself now, I would say that he is correct.

After all, it is not Millward who gives penalties away, or knocks on, or misses tackles is it?
My point exactly.
Of course, the conspiracy theorists will say the players are doing it deliberately to get rid of Millward...
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

LKC29 posted:
you know that Chairman Doris will have a hand in stirring things up.
Such as what, exactly? I'm hardly Chairman Mo's biggest fan but some people seemingly just want to criticise him for even breathing. Our chairman is even less responsible than the coach for what happens on the pitch during a game. He definitely doesn't dictate gameplay, drop the ball, concede penalties etc etc. You can criticise his recruitment policy, but look at our recent signings (Calderwood - top try scorer in SL, Richards - Grand Final winner, Feka - NZ international, Fletcher - highly experienced NRL veteran, Higham - GB international) and they're all the kind of highly rated players a club like Wigan should be signing. If that lot aren't good enough, then who, realistically, is ML supposed to be bringing to the club?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
LKC29 posted:
you know that Chairman Doris will have a hand in stirring things up.
Such as what, exactly? I'm hardly Chairman Mo's biggest fan but some people seemingly just want to criticise him for even breathing. Our chairman is even less responsible than the coach for what happens on the pitch during a game. He definitely doesn't dictate gameplay, drop the ball, concede penalties etc etc. You can criticise his recruitment policy, but look at our recent signings (Calderwood - top try scorer in SL, Richards - Grand Final winner, Feka - NZ international, Fletcher - highly experienced NRL veteran, Higham - GB international) and they're all the kind of highly rated players a club like Wigan should be signing. If that lot aren't good enough, then who, realistically, is ML supposed to be bringing to the club?
Well said Fraggle. Just what I would have posted if I had your stamina!!
bertina

Post by bertina »

Fraggle posted:
robjoenz posted:
AINSCOUGHWRIGHT 81 posted:
MILLWARD SHOULD GO, AND BRING BACK JOHN KEAR LOOK WHAT HE DID AT HULL
He won them the cup and then the team went to pot, only beating Warrington (in playoffs) and the bottom 3 sides in the latter part of the season. If you listened to their captain's and chairman's comments on Boots 'N' All you would know his sacking was a long time coming and by no means a suprise.
Kear was a waste of space last time he was at Wigan, he'd be no better again. I've never really understood what the fuss was about with him, he's never shown much as a coach on a week-by-week basis, although I suppose if you look at his trophy record he does better than many people. But that Hull team was McRae's, not Kear's, and from what has been said in the media it's clear he and the players did not get on at all.
Totally agree.Kear has made a career out of Sheffield beating Wigan at Wembley.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

add Vaealiki for heavens sake, then we could have a unanimous vote :D
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
westclox

Post by westclox »

lindsy tonight, and take is sighnings with him,he as had is day, ready for the rest home? and drop 5 players in scrap yard
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

It's all very well saying "Lindsay out this, Lindsay out that", but something has to be done about it. People have wanted him out for years but nothing has been done about it. What makes you think he'll go now?
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!