New Coach...Who Do You Want?...suggestion thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: New Coach...Who Do You...

Post by OJ »

You have to wonder who in their right mind would want the job when it is a more than even bet he will be out of work in a few month's time :blush:
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Why do so many people want to see Lam coaching Wigan? Is it for his coaching ability or for sentimental reasons?
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Louise

Post by Louise »

I think ML would be great and its a sure way for him to leave the club in a few months time. :exc:
http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk

St pat's Australian tour 2007 sponsors needed........

http://www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk/
meatpie2005

Post by meatpie2005 »

:conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

OJ posted:
You have to wonder who in their right mind would want the job when it is a more than even bet he will be out of work in a few month's time :blush:
One thing in Chris Anderson's favour is that he is very close to ML, with Maurice putting him up for a while after his heart attack whilst coach of the Aussies. Whether he would want to risk that friendship by working for ML is debatable, or perhaps ML might give him more time than previous coaches because of that friendship? For as long as ML stays at Wigan, I think whoever is coach has to fit in with his plans and way of thinking otherwise you're out, and Anderson might be better placed than some of the others to do that.

WRT some of the other candidates, Phil Clarke got the boot from some job or other at Wigan a few years back, I can't remember if ML was in charge at the time but if so then I can't see Clarkey coming back.

Monie was fired by Peter Norbury rather than ML, so whilst he might be wary of his previous treatment by the club, perhaps it's not completely out of the question. It depends a lot on how much work he's got with being coach of the French national team.

Edwards is having a lot of success in the other code, perhaps might have a chance to take over as England RU coach if Andy Robinson fails to turn things around there and would cost us a lot of money to bring back to Wigan and RL.

Lam probably doesn't have enough coaching experience to dig us out of the mess, ditto Farrell.

Kear is not up to the job, we might as well get Denis Betts or Andy Goodway back again.

Any more?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
meatpie2005

Post by meatpie2005 »

We seem to pay well, one of them could be tempted.....?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Well who wouldnt accept a job you work for a year and get paid for 3 in, sounds good to me
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
meatpie2005

Post by meatpie2005 »

Err good point. Basil must be laughin all the way to the bank
medlocke

Re: New Coach...Who Do You Wan...

Post by medlocke »

Shaun edwards head coach and Faz assistant/player coach what a combo that would be. in reality though what about Wayne Bennet