WINGERS FOR NEXT WEEK!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: WINGERS FOR NEXT WEEK!

Post by cpwigan »

Spot on Kat about Ashton.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

ashton is a full back/centre. i believe he should play in any of those 2 positions. its clear that richards is alot more threatening and comfortable out on the wing, the position he was in for wests last season. he scored 20 tries out there for the tigers last year so why waste him in the centres. dallas on his opposite wing for now but when calders comes back move brett to FB and have shaton in the cntres with goulding. calderwood and richards on the wings. lethal...........
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

One of the funny things about playing fullback is because it is so different defensively, eventually you find it impossible to defend in the normal line at centre / wing. Rads was very good as a centre / wing in his early, early days but I can recall when he was put back in the centres briefly after a few seasons at fullback, he looked lost.
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

tht's because he was used to fullback

Ashton is young he can be changed to either a centre or a full back but looks inpresive in Radders shoes
To be the best
you have to beat the best
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

somebodyb quoted before saying put calderwood at centre , richards and dallas wings and ashton at full back. Not being funny but do you watch rugby ? Calderwood hasnt had good service this year so cant blame him for his wing performances but he cannot pass. He cannot run at defenders and draw and pass to a winger. I would rather have brown at centre if had to.
I think the person was danny. If so please could you give your reason.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."