Danny Orr...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Danny Orr...

Post by mrs_carney »

hayley 04 posted:
Its just I am sick and tired of reading on here how bad Danny is when there are a lot of players Brown, O Loughlin, Higham who are playing worse at the moment but people always seem to have excuses for them.
I think Danny Orr has been playing very well for us this season, not everyone on here dislikes him. But to say Higham and Lockers have been playing worse is way over the top. Higham has taken a while to adjust to the new team he is in, but i dont think he has been any worse than Danny Orr who's now in his 3rd season! Lockers has been one of our better players coming back from a season ending injury! and to say your going on a board that agrees with your opinion?? Isnt a message board for discussing different opinions and stating what you believe regardless of what others think? Everyones entitled to their own opinion!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Yes people are entitled to their opinions but at least the cherry and white appreciate Danny and say a lot more positive things on there than they do on here. Secondly i have to disagree with you about Sean O Loughlin. He has done nothing this season that has impressed me. I'm not knocking him because I think he is an excellent player but I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

hayley 04 posted:
So if you've changed your opinion on Pat Richards after the Hudds game why, after Danny played superbly, have you not changed your opinion on him? He also played well in the hull game. It's like banging my head against a brick wall.
Because it only took PR half a dozen games, in which he was being played out of position.
Orr has had nearly 60, of which maybe half a dozen have been good.
You say he played well against Hull, but how many tries did he create or score?
The first was a kick from Moran to Richards, the second was a short-range one from James, from an O'Loughlin pass.
We came close to scoring on four other occasions: an O'Loughlin break supported by Ashton, with McAvoy tackled into touch; a Goulding pass to McAvoy that was ruled forward; an individual break by Ashton, passed to McAvoy, who dropped it; and a pass from Brown that was dropped. Orr wasn't involved in any of those moves.
Tell me again what contributions Orr made to our attack?? I've already praised his defence, but that's not why he's here.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I think that there are a lot of players that are worse than Orr this season DV, Moran and Brown to name a few. Unfortunately, Stand off is a pivotal position in the team and we have looked a bit predictable going forward again this year.

On a commitment front I think that Orr is one of a very small number of players who always gives 100% - he always puts in a big effort in defense; not a stand offs job, but with the way some of our players defend someone has to do it.

He hasn't lived up to what we expected when he moved from Cas - however he has played in a declining team over the seasons he has been with us - and with all the personnel changes around him he must wish for a stable team like many of our rivals have.

That said - if he has any desire to get another contract with Wigan then he has a lot to do - namely more performances like the one at Huddersfield
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------