ITS A DISGRACE !

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: ITS A DISGRACE !

Post by Fraggle »

NTA1 posted:
If we even moved across to Robin Park, the stadium would still be empty.
Because...?

We're bottom of the league, and had the highest attendance of the night, despite being on TV, Leeds playing at home and Hull and Bradford should have been a bigger draw than the attendance suggests.

Whether we're loyal or just stupid, I would still like to think we'd have decent crowds next season. Castleford didn't bring many last night, so I would suggest there are still 11000 Wigan fans coming to see the club's worst season in a generation - if we're prepared to suffer that, why not the novelty of teams we've not played against in a very long time?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
NTA1

Post by NTA1 »

Whether we're loyal or just stupid, I would still like to think we'd have decent crowds next season. Castleford didn't bring many last night, so I would suggest there are still 11000 Wigan fans coming to see the club's worst season in a generation - if we're prepared to suffer that, why not the novelty of teams we've not played against in a very long time?[/quote]

11,000 - WOW!!! how many empty seats were there shown on TV
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i agree about the support we have. im suprised that the crowds have been high this season :o probs highest since early 90s.
IN WANE WE TRUST
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

so we,ve moved on to picking on our own support now. our fans have been magnificent and deserve better.as a group of people i find their love of the club amazing. the passion they have for it will ensure there will always be a wigan rl
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Fraggle posted:
- psycho - posted:
Big D. posted:
And who's gonna come in to replace them at this stage?
id like to think if it got that bad and our club was to go into extinction then people like edwards, farrell, radlinski, offiah, phil clarke would unite and keep us going. that would be nice to think. the greats of this club were to make it great again.
Many of them have other jobs and other uses for their money. How many other clubs are owned by ex-players? Unless I've underestimated some of their hithero-hidden skills, they really don't have the business sense to run such a big commercial organisation. Great players, some are successful coaches, but that doesn't run a sports club.
think you miss understood my post fraggs. i said i would like to think, as in i would love to see the former greats help us if things got to bad. i didnt say any of them are going to be taking over soon.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:(
I wasn't having a go at the fans, you lot brought that one up, but as we are there now, 11,000, the biggest crowd of the night, I am getting sick of us all pretending our sport is on the up and growing year in and year out.
The real truth is, that there is a small hardcore of die hards who care about the game, this hardcore is centred around, Wigan, StHelens, Bradfor and Leeds, after that the rest can't conjure up a decent crowd between them.

But back to Wigan, and the real thread, it is a disgrace that we are where we are. And the only common factor during the past 6 years of total disaster has been Doris and DW. I did call for the head of Betts, but he was useless, we should have stuck with Millward, he had more guts than Nobbie, who is well known for being a 'Yes' man, right up Doris and DW street.

DORIS and DW must go, otherwise this current situation will prevail, even if, and its a big IF we survive relegation this year.

:angry: :angry: :angry:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
DORIS and DW must go, otherwise this current situation will prevail, even if, and its a big IF we survive relegation this year.

At the risk of repeating myself and countless others, can we have your suggestions for people who might realistically take over from these two please. Or do you have a magic pot of money you can use to buy the club from DW?

Getting rid of both of these won't make the tiniest bit of difference to what happens this year, only the players and coaching staff can get us out of trouble.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:(
I did call for the head of Betts, but he was useless, we should have stuck with Millward, he had more guts than Nobbie, who is well known for being a 'Yes' man, right up Doris and DW street.
Im 99.9% Sure that you were calling for Millwards head the other week...can anyone confirm this?
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!