Re: Wigan 20, Salford 10

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wanny

Post by wanny »

Hey on a positive note young melling (lad with skull cap on) made his debut and played rather well, that break he made was good and he can kick as well. Who knows maybe a possible replacment for carney until hes back on his feet again! i have a good feeling about that young lad. Another good young Wiganer whos been given a chance rather than buying some old donkey! :D
warriors

Post by warriors »

Yes i no, Chris Melling is a good player. But what was up with Tickle, Orr, i never saw Orr do anythin. I no give him a chance. Brett, was good like always. Luke was alright etc.

I am just saying that overall it wasnt a good game. I have sin worse. He mite be able to b in his place, but replace him, no one is has good. But i have only sin him play once, so wait a few months then c wot he can do.

We really need the players to get their selfs together by, not this week end but next. For when we play leeds. Because if we play them like we played yes2day. Then we will not stand a chance. but i wont give them doutbs tho, i will b their, cheerin them on. :D
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

agree, we will get hammered at leeds if we play like that.. i thought our first 40 against widnes was bad, but we just didn`t play well yesterday.. to many mistakes.. ref not helping, & i think we lacked that natural leader... kris is doing a good job, but i don`t think he is a natural captain..

faz shoulds be back along with cass in the next few week.. so we should get some experience back, was surprised by tickle yesterday.. didn`t have a solid game.. always plays solid usually..

brown had a good un`. think orr took a knock on the arm? to much pressure on him & young luke u think??
luke didn`t have the best game, but u can`t fault his willing.. & tackling..

we got by.. bearly. but we did.. need to regroup.. watch some film.. & take it from there.....
king carney

Post by king carney »

seriously i believe we looked less than average too many mistakes as well it long there wuz no heart in the team
bring bac faz and lam we need the leadership as we WILL be ripped apart by leeds even if we play 10 times as well as we did against salford. but credit should be given to the lads the defence wuz gud and ologhlin was a match winner
mario

Post by mario »

at times last season we struggled against so called lesser teams and were fantastic against leeds , bradford and saints.we'll get stronger every game and when you add faz and cassidy we'll be stronger still! not had a lot of luck with injuries so we can't expect to be flying yet. everybody was writing us off this time last season!