Phil Baily signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pie eater and proud of it

Re: Phil Baily signs

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Doug Stand posted:

Scrum-half - Currently the worst in the world
:D :D :D :D Some better ones were on display at St Pats under 8's tournament last sunday :D :D :D :D
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I think Bailey has played stand off on numerous occasions, he is a running back rower by trade, but hes not out of place at stand off or in the centres. He is a quality player no doubt, he's played state of origin and for Australia, plus he's still only 25. He is the right age and has the right pedigree. Thing is we dont need any more second rowers.
One explanation could be: If Tickle is planning to move on, or be moved on, also if he doesn't rate Hansen to highly, along with Tomkins. He is left with 2 backrowers. Hock and Fletcher, Fletcher will be in his last season, Hock is still injury plagued. If thats how Noble sees it, then you can see why this signing makes sense.
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

GeoffN posted:
Mike posted:
Profile here too...

http://www.wigan-warriors.com/cgi-bin/w ... ctID=41804

I'm with Geoff here - we need to strengthen in the centres now, not the pack.
And possibly another prop, with Jerry retiring. I'm still not convinced that Prescott and Hargreaves will be able to bulk up enough, especially with Nobby's preference for REALLY big forwards. It's already noticeable how much "go-forward" we lose when Feca and Logan have to come off.
Also remember we have Danny Sculthorpe (presumably) coming back for next year aswell, which leaves us with our props as Feca, Logan, Sculthorpe, Prescott and Hargreaves, which isn't stong enough IMO, unless I'm forgetting someone?
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The club signing players for next season and announcing them know is just stupid in my opinion.

It has got to demotivate the current players in the new players position and it does nothing to address the main concern of the fans, staying uyp this season.

They could annouce the signing of Johns to partner Barrett for all I care and I would not get excited because if we end up in NL1 they won't be here and it would have been a total waste of time.

I want to see som evidence of this seasons problems being addressed, not some fantasy squad we might have next year if we survive.

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

DaveO posted:
The club signing players for next season and announcing them know is just stupid in my opinion.

It has got to demotivate the current players in the new players position and it does nothing to address the main concern of the fans, staying uyp this season.

They could annouce the signing of Johns to partner Barrett for all I care and I would not get excited because if we end up in NL1 they won't be here and it would have been a total waste of time.

I want to see som evidence of this seasons problems being addressed, not some fantasy squad we might have next year if we survive.

Dave
We all know that quality players are not going to be released, Noble and Millward said the same, so we have to pick up the type of signings we have done, and do the best we can. So does that mean we stop planning for the future aswel?
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

DaveO posted:

Dave
Have we announced him?
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

No, we haven't. Maybe the club is trying to keep it that way for now. Seems like it's a done deal though if you read the Aussie sites.
Radlinski 2 stay

Post by Radlinski 2 stay »

its on the official site now :D :eusa2: :eusa3:
The Pearl

Post by The Pearl »

Officially announced on the website as 'a new centre'. Appears his attitude is spot on and he is an 100% effort player with plenty of ability. A utility international is way different to a utility (can't get a game in their regular position) super league player! Good signing and wil be 26/27/28 when he plays for us EXCELLENT. Just need an out & out strike centre to partner him and the team will look so much better :D
The Pearl

Post by The Pearl »

And of course yes...........a new scrum half!!!! :D