DROP LOCKERS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Martin WWRFL

Re: DROP LOCKERS

Post by Martin WWRFL »

i dont think he should be dropped maybe fletcher should get the captaincy. i think theres too much pressure on him and he's tryin to hard and this is when he makes mistakes.The pass for richards try was class and thats what he do more often if he had the pressure off his back.

so don't drop him but give fletch captaincy
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

I have always stuck up for Lockers, but unfortunatly last night i thought he was poor. He missed a lot of tackles and gave away silly penalties, and passes. The problem he has IMO is that he is under a lot of pressure to perform, and to lead the team. And as the weeks go buy and still he is not firing on all cylinders, this pressure gets bigger and bigger. Last night he was just trying far to hard. You dont have to be special Shaun, just do the basics well. I think he would benefit from having a couple of games in the under 21s(who incidently i thought had a cracking win yesturday) just to get the confidence levels up again. And i dont think it would be taken negatively if we released him from the captancy for the rest of the season.
....Bigger they are, harder they fall....
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Every player makes mistakes. I have to say that bar Orr I was very happy with everybody, even thought DV got more involved and I do not rate him at all.

How can you blame O'Loughlin for something that happened 6 tackles later. That is farcical. If we start doing that then we can and must do that with every try. As I recall Lockers gained a penalty that led to Hock crashing over. Hey but let's not mention the good. As I recall he threw the pass of the match for Richards. He made plenty of good tackles and made plenty of good gains on hit ups.

It's too easy to sit in the stands and talk the perfect game.
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

[quote]jinkin jimmy posted:
[quote]cpwigan posted:
Dave he threw an intercept pass. Let's analyse that though. Yes, he was wrong to do so but hey what a nice position he was put in, ball thrown anywhere in our own 22 to him, landed on the ground, trying to mop it up, hence his back to the opposition.

Fletcher threw an intercept too

your looking through your rose tinted glasses again, or maybe your anti dave tinted glasses.

The team played very well last night, SOL was crap its as simple as that. Now i like the lad but he cost us the game. His coinfidence couldnt get any lower and this guy is the captain?!! For a start he doesnt have the maturity to be captain, i remember a look he gave someone after they made a mistake a couple of weeks ago under the posts and was like a kid in the school yard.
If you cant accept that he cost us 2 tries, and field position TWICE that cost us hugesly, giving a pass to tickle when a guy was on him also, your not watching the same game.
It would be harsh to get on his back for one game, but its not one game its a littany of games. He is having a shocking season - do you see him talking to the players under the posts?? he doesnt have confidence in his own game let alone to gee his team up.
He needs to be dropped for a couple of games, or at least told to play the most basic rugby league he can and stop trying so hard.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

How does a player failing to drop on a loose ball from a Saints break = the try 6 tackles later was his fault. Do you want me to explain how ridiculous this thinking is?

If the player who missed the tackle had not missed the tackle then there would have been no loose ball and Lockers could not be blame. However, before that had the player lined up correctly then the player who was cauight out of position would not have missed that tackle. That's just before the loose ball. Do I need to go through the 6 tackles :roll:

Hill should have been better positioned. Dallas should have embraced the ball when Lyon crashed over :roll:

Personally thought Logan had a very good game but hey he gave away some dumb penalties. Drop him. Anybody see that pathetic pass Dobson threw to Dallas. Bring back Moran. Drop him. Gaz Hock how many tackles did he miss. Drop him. Fecka, only plays a quarter of the game. Drop him :roll:
Big D.

Post by Big D. »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
agreed mate he is getting worse
Let's keep Lockers in the side but take that bloody Captaincy off him NOW !

We're definately going in the right direction and we need to get behind the squad for the rest of the season.

Sick of saying it but the on field leadership needs a change, Fletcher could do the job until the end of the season and this might give Lockers a better frame of mind to concentrate on improving his own game.
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

maybe take the captaincy away from him. let him concentrate on getting his game right.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

IMO I really don't think a change of captaincy will do Lockers any good. He is struggling with his decision making and maybe his confidence slightly, taking away the captaincy will only send him a negative message and knock his confidence more.

I accept he made a poor decision when he through out that ball last night but no-one can question his effort like someone has on this thread previously.

I'd love to see the tackling stats from Wigan this season and I would bet my life Lockers will be at least in the top 3, only Higham comes to mind as to who could be higher than him.

As someone mentioned before, Wigan may have turned that corner now and I for one can see some results coming our way, and for that to happen we need Lockers in the side.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
Dave he threw an intercept pass. Let's analyse that though. Yes, he was wrong to do so but hey what a nice position he was put in, ball thrown anywhere in our own 22 to him, landed on the ground, trying to mop it up, hence his back to the opposition.
It was about a minute to half time in his own 22. He forced the pass when he should have held on.

It does not matter how he got the ball he should have just held onto it. And given he did have his back to the opposition that was even more reason not to pass.

How many more reasons do you want? It was an appalling error from the captain and I don't know why you are defending him for it.

It was down to him alone we went in 14-0 down instead of 8-0 down.

If he can't be critiscised for that I give up.
Fletcher threw an intercept too

I know!
The failure to mop up the loose ball. If your going to blame him for the subsequent try then damn we better start going back through every 6 tackles leading to a try. In that incident there were plenty at fault.
He lost posession on half way and they scored from the attack that came next.
Sorry but we are entering the crucial phase of the season with many winnable games. Games that will be more winnable with O'loughlin in the team.
Giving the opposition 12 points won't help.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If's but's maybe's That works both ways you know ;)

Lopckers threw an interception pass. I have said it was a mistake. Richards was also foolish to throw the ball anywhere and on the ground in his own 22. Fletcher was foolish to throw his intercept, he also bombed a second half try when he should have just parted instead of trying to be clever (who that's 12 pts isn't it). Dobson threw a howler of a pass in the first half. Mistakes happen. Everybody makes them.

However to blame Lockers for the other try is a joke. Firstly Dave your wrong in your basic premise. O'Loughlin never gave away possession. Saints had the ball, they were breaking. Saints threw the ball to the ground. A scrambling Lockers tried to grab the ball but he knocked on. Had he not been there a Saints player could have quite easily picked that ball up and ran the length of the field. SO LOCKERS KNOCKED ON AND CONCEDED A SCRUM

The try came 6 tackles after the scrum. 6 tackles. Others players made mistakes. Both Hill and Dallas were poor on the line as an example.

Orr made several mistakes and did one good thing, a redeeming last gasp tackle. Why no condemnation of him. Fletcher gave away 6 points and blew 6 points. Why no condemnation of him. Logan great runs but the penalties. Why no condemnation of him.