Tickle and Anderson??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ince warrior

Re: Tickle and Anderson??

Post by ince warrior »

Flash posted:
The hit was fantastic, but let's seperate this from the rest of what went on. At the time he was screaming obsenities he had no way of knowing whether Tickle was injured or not. If Terry Newton had stood over a flat-out Sean Long after the infamous incident last season and been screaming at him, how many more matches banned than the 10 he got do you think he would have ended up with?

I love the passion and aggression in our sport as much as anyone, but I see hits like that one week in, week out in th NRL. They just make the tackle and then get up and carry on playing the game. The quality of the hit is left to do the talking (or should that be screaming in Anderson's case!)

One final question. Had Tickle come out of that with a fractured eye socket, a broken jaw or something similar, how many of you on here would still be saying that this was acceptable behaviour? The fact that it was a great and legal tackle (which it undoubtably was!) should not give him carte blanche to behave like a screaming thug afterwards. Or should we allow time after every tackle for the players to do their ASBO impressions?
i'm not trying to stick up for stains here, but there must have been something said by Tickle to make Anderson start screaming at him... after all, no smoke without fire... i agree with your point about terry newton though, and if it was one of our players they'd have probably got a ban, which i find disgraceful
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
LKC29

Post by LKC29 »

I hate the stains asmuch as the next man but you've got to give credit where credit is due it was a massive hit. One thing the clown did mis thugh was that even though tickle couldn't get up the tackle was never completed as the ball carrying arm never ht the deck and anderson didn't put a hand on tickle after the tackle, he just stood over him and mouthed off.
Some one really needs to give that kiwi a rude awakening and level him. he was looking for trouble all the time when he was on
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Is'nt there a rule in RL about bringing the game into disrepute does this not fit into this equation.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

I just wish our forwards showed so much aggression. It was typical that none of our guys got stuck into anderson
- psycho -

Re: Tickle and Anderson?? ...

Post by - psycho - »

i dpnt believe some people at times. maybe that huge hit on tickle will knock some sense into him! when a guy big hits you, fair enough it will hurt and he was probably a bit winded, but you dont let him stand over you and shout the odds. you stand back up and get on with it. you dont lay down on the floor and let the f***** scum shout in your face do you? it made tickle look weak. the reason no one came over was ebcause it could cause un-neccasery trouble and thry knew that it was a fair tackle, not worth starting trouble over. tickle should have been a man and got on with things rather than helplessly lieing on his back. that told the story about the pack battle. i would do the same if i hit tickle because it makes you look big when you stand over someone shouting at them after a monsterous hit. it also will have fired saints up alot more after that because tickle lieing ther made us look like boys and saints look like men.

also, david vaealiki is about as good as tooth ake. get shut. he is a disaster. id rather put mcavoy in with goulding as the 2 centres. sculthorpe steam rolled vaealiki, and he is supposed to be amongst the top centres in the world? give me a break. sculthorpe is big but to just storm over a centre like he wasnt there is pathetic on vaealiki's behalf. it wouldnt have happened to senior, gleeson, walker, johnson. good solid centres stand their ground even if someone is charging at you. weak and pathetic. but the rest did well! :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Flash posted:
it makes you look big when you stand over someone shouting at them
Letting yourself down a bit there Psycho. If you need to do that to 'look big' then you aren't much of a man in the first place!
what i really meant in that little statement was that if you big hit someone, stand over them and shout in their face, it fires you up a hell of alot and probably helped boost a bit of morale.

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

if you punch someone and splatter their nose, as you so well stated, then it is classed as illegal isnt it? but if you review the footage of vinnie's hit, you will see it is a perfectly fine tackle, one which he was clearly very happy with or else he wouldnt be stood there shotuing. theres nothing in the rules that say you cant huge hit someone and stand there shouting. sonny bill did it against leeds 2 seasons ago in 2004. in the world club challenge, he big hitted both walker and bailey. what did they both do? stand up and continue which is exactly what mr.tickle should have done rather than let anderson soak up the credit. people with give tickle just as much credit if he got straight back up and conitnued after such a great hit.

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

of course tickle wasnt injured. he was just buying his time and staying down to top play. he was shaken and anderson knew that. i dont think he would go so far as to shout at a man when he is injured badly, but he wasnt, he was just a bit out of it.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Flash posted:
jaws1 posted:
Is'nt there a rule in RL about bringing the game into disrepute does this not fit into this equation.
Was thinking this myself. Also inciting violence, ungentlemanly conduct (I know it's not called that anymore, but whatever it's now called!) etc. Maybe Rob(joenz) can enlighten us?
You can be penalised for ungentlemanly conduct and this is basically down to the referee. For example, if a player swears it is allowed, if they swear directly at the referee though it's penalised. I suppose it's the same with players and depends on what was said. I don't suppose Klein would have heard it though with 18,000 (rubbish, more like 22,000) people watching the match. If he'd threatened to burn down his house and kill his children then I think it might warrant a penalty.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Fujiman posted:
I just wish our forwards showed so much aggression. It was typical that none of our guys got stuck into anderson
If we had retaliated Saints would have got a penalty in the same six tacles that Tickle was floored Gareth Hock scored a try.