Re: Would you be happy if ...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

BatFastard posted:
As for not being relegated if you finish bottom, It would only bring more anymosity towards the club
We get that anyway, no matter what we do fans of other clubs will drag out some nonsense such as us being the only professional club in the 80's, breaking the salary cap rules a few years ago, trying to buy anyone and everyone thanks to DW's money etc etc etc. Would a rule change really make things worse? I doubt it, we're hated by most fans in any case and i'm not really bothered by their jealousy about our great history.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Fraggle posted:
BatFastard posted:
As for not being relegated if you finish bottom, It would only bring more anymosity towards the club
We get that anyway, no matter what we do fans of other clubs will drag out some nonsense such as us being the only professional club in the 80's, breaking the salary cap rules a few years ago, trying to buy anyone and everyone thanks to DW's money etc etc etc. Would a rule change really make things worse? I doubt it, we're hated by most fans in any case and i'm not really bothered by their jealousy about our great history.
Will you stop talking sense how can be debate these issues if you keep saying things we agree with.

Marc H 2406

Post by Marc H 2406 »

I personally would be embarrassed if we were let off the hook by some rule change. We are one of, if not the biggest, team in the world of RL. Therefore I believe we should set an example to all and accept relegation if we finish bottom. Any other outcome just makes the entire game a laughing stock.
Think about it, what would happen if Man Utd or Arsenal ended up in a relegation position? I,ll tell you what would happen, they'd be relegated, and rightly so.
We need our rules set in stone, like the premiership, if we want to be taken seriously and attract new fans. Allowing us, or anyone, else to stay up just because of our fan base or history would be a big mistake!
Marc H 2406

Post by Marc H 2406 »

I,m almost sure that there is a breach of Rule 13 somewhere in this thread.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

wgnwrs posted:
y does no one on this board a latics fan aswell? its wigan no matta what sport it is im not afraid to be honest and express my opinion i support warriors AND latics
Please don't use abbreviations.

As to your question, I'm sure there are lots of people who support both teams, and no-one will criticise anyone for that (I hope). What we don't like is discussions about Latics that have no relevance to the rugby team. If people want to discuss Latics then there are other places on t'internet for that.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

If we stay up on the last day of the season(which for some strange reson will feel better than winning Super League) i bet the tight ***** at the JJB dont let us on the pitch.

Keep the language family-friendly please.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Why do you want to go on the pitch? Wouldn't it be better for all concerned if you left the playing area clear so other fans could see the players too? :doz:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Nathan Croucher posted;
i bet the tight ***** at the JJB dont let us on the pitch.
What's this mean?
Keep the language family-friendly please.
Oh. Now I understand!
OAMJSONA

Re: Would you be happy if we finished bottom but escaped relegation due to a rule change...

Post by OAMJSONA »

what would be interesting if the Quins finished bottom
we would bounce straight back
not so sure they would survive as a club
what does anyone else think
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

OAM posted:
what would be interesting if the Quins finished bottom
we would bounce straight back
not so sure they would survive as a club
what does anyone else think
I doubt the RFL would have them go down.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.