Chev Walker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Chev Walker

Post by cpwigan »

It's a loss to RL and that is the key. A GB standard player and a centre with size which is rare. Oddly, nobody in the RFL said anything or tried to prevent this happening. Contrast that with the NRL and Gasnier. The NRL really pulled out the stops to keep Gasnier.

The salary cap really works doesn't it. A 23 year old in his prime lost to the game.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

im glad he has gone to union, he is another highly overated player (just like Lockers).

We will have 2 of the best centres in superleague next term with Bailey and Mcavoy :exc:
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

medlocke posted:
im glad he has gone to union, he is another highly overated player (just like Lockers).

We will have 2 of the best centres in superleague next term with Bailey and Mcavoy :exc:
McAvoy????????????

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

medlocke posted:

Are you trolling or do you genuinely know nothing about Rugby? :doz:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

not trolling, and i played the game for over 24 years, i beleive Nathan mcavoy will sign a long term contract once players have left. and why not he was a decent player at bradford, why fork out more money for somebody who has not played any games for us, where as nobby has worked with mcavoy in the past, come on lets take a risk on the guy, i would also retain Jordan James as well :exc:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I would only take McAvoy as Leeds did, i.e. under £20K and only to make the first team squad if we have an injury crisis. There is simply no comparison between him and Walker.
BatFastard

Post by BatFastard »

medlocke posted:

Superleague ???????????????
Martin WWRFL

Post by Martin WWRFL »

McAvoy is not good enough to start week in week out.

if i could get any centre for next year i'd get Adam MacDougall (south sydney) i'd offer fletch a coaching role as he is past it imo and he is'nt a top quality quota player.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

come on guys, richards is obviously going to be on the wing next season. with dallas retiring he and calderwood will be our only 2 real wingers with ashton covering but im presuming he will be full back. maybe even sign mcavoy at centre on a 2 year contract because when he plays with richards they are solid. calderwood needs a good centre to be really explosive like he was at leeds and bailey is that.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Exactly what i was thinking Psycho :thum: