Still think we will stay up

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OAMJSONA

Re: Still think we will st...

Post by OAMJSONA »

Bawb,

We have all got faith but it is not blind faith, we can all see that we can play fo 4o mins but a game is over 80 and it is the score at full time that counts.
I will watch Wigan through thick and thin and believe you me it is the second leanest time i can remember in nearly 40 years of watching

I think we can beat the Catalans, and a few more
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

OAM posted:
Bawb,

We have all got faith but it is not blind faith, we can all see that we can play fo 4o mins but a game is over 80 and it is the score at full time that counts.
I will watch Wigan through thick and thin and believe you me it is the second leanest time i can remember in nearly 40 years of watching

I take your point about watching Wigan through thick and thin. I am still hopefull we can stop up. The pundits say we need to win 8 matches more to stop up. We still have 8 home games to play

I am going to miss the next two home matches because I am going on holiday. I will be ringing home as soon as I know the matches have been played to get the scores ----- how sad am I

willie c

Post by willie c »

jimofwigan posted:
OAM posted:
Bawb,

I take your point about watching Wigan through thick and thin. I am still hopefull we can stop up. The pundits say we need to win 8 matches more to stop up. We still have 8 home games to play

I am going to miss the next two home matches because I am going on holiday. I will be ringing home as soon as I know the matches have been played to get the scores ----- how sad am I
hey jim whats the idea of going on holiday and enjoying yourself when we will all be at the jjb and liveing on our nerves anyway enjoy the hols mate :lol:
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

i hope we do stay up! but even if we do this team needs a massive overhaul! it simply isnt wotking. if i where a player at wigan at this point in time i would be very afraid.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

I have posted threads in the past when we have played St Helens and Leeds the fixture list is in our favour
Sun 18 Jun Catalans Dragons Home 19:00 - -
Fri 23 Jun Warrington Wolves Home 20:00 - -
Sat 01 Jul Harlequins RL Away 18:00 - -
Fri 07 Jul Wakefield Trinity Wildcats Home 20:00 - -
Fri 14 Jul Salford City Reds Home 20:00 - -
Sun 23 Jul Warrington Wolves Away 15:00 - -
Fri 04 Aug Catalans Dragons Home 20:00 -
all these matches are winnable none of them will be walk overs but still winnable.Its in the players interests to stay up where will they get better contracts than some of the players we have here .
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

GeoffN posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
chrisJJ posted:
the only hard teams we've got are Hull, Warrington and Bradford (i think) so we wil stay up
Here we go again. Where have you been all season? How can you say that the only hard games are as above when WE HAVE ONLY MANAGED TO BEAT ONE TEAM ALL SEASON!! For god's sake wake up!! We do not look like we have the beatings of ANYONE!! Personally, I feel Noble must come under the spotlight now. This run is worse than Millwards!!
Now you're beginning to sound like wnac! Yes, we know we're struggling, but just what do you think sacking yet another coach will achieve. And who would you suggest as replacement, with a better CV than Millward or Noble?
Been there, done that.
Where have I mentioned sacking the coach? :conf:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jinkin jimmy posted:
GeoffN posted:
jinkin jimmy posted: Here we go again. Where have you been all season? How can you say that the only hard games are as above when WE HAVE ONLY MANAGED TO BEAT ONE TEAM ALL SEASON!! For god's sake wake up!! We do not look like we have the beatings of ANYONE!! Personally, I feel Noble must come under the spotlight now. This run is worse than Millwards!!
Now you're beginning to sound like wnac! Yes, we know we're struggling, but just what do you think sacking yet another coach will achieve. And who would you suggest as replacement, with a better CV than Millward or Noble?
Been there, done that.
Where have I mentioned sacking the coach? :conf:
OK, maybe not said it in so many words, but you imply it here:
"Personally, I feel Noble must come under the spotlight now. This run is worse than Millwards!"
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

What I meant Geoff was that in view of our performances I couldn't see how Nobby could avoid falling under the spotlight. Perhaps I should have typed "will" instead of "must". I don't advocate a change of coach - I don't think we should have sacked his predecessor either.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jinkin jimmy posted:
What I meant Geoff was that in view of our performances I couldn't see how Nobby could avoid falling under the spotlight. Perhaps I should have typed "will" instead of "must". I don't advocate a change of coach - I don't think we should have sacked his predecessor either.
Now I'm getting worried - we agree on something! :wink:

I must be getting old!
the_cow

Post by the_cow »

I cant remember seeing this posted anywhere so far, so i thought i'd just bring it to your attention. if someone has mentioned it elsewhere I apologise.

Picked up a free copy of the Manchester Evening News at dinner and was having a browse throught the sports section. Millward writes for the paper and had a small column in todays edition.

Commenting on the prospect of Wigan being relegated he writes:

"I am reliably informed that if they (Wigan)
finish bottom, owner Dave Whelan is ready to bankroll the club for the next 12 months to keep them in Superleague.

I can see this happening and it's very much the buzz among the RL fraternity. Wigan would obviously not recieve the £850k they are entitled to from Sky and would have to go it alone.

This would mean a 13-club competition and rules are in place regarding promotion and relegation but surely Wigan must be part of the top flight."

He also mentions that this would allow a team to be promoted from NL1 but asks the question is there enough players to go around 13 teams?

The plot thickens and this may explain why we are continuing to sign big name players.

I for one think this would be an excellent solution to our problems. We wont prevent another team being promoted whilst we can probably can afford to pay for ourselves. We would effectively be a franchise so this might result in ticket and merchandise prices going up possibly?

If Dave does bail us out then this may get some people off his back, though i do relaise £850k is peanuts compared to the Lactics and it could be seen that he is just protecting his business interests.
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!