Huddersfield game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mario

Re: Huddersfield game

Post by mario »

We were terrible today,everybody seemed to have an off day.Faz, Mark Smith did ok. Luke wasn't bad, but like sharpy says He can't do it on his own. thier was no support play, forwards recieving the ball whilst being virtually tackled and lots of hospital passes.we don't pass out to the wings and thier didn't seem to be any idea. The annoying thing is, i can see turning Saints over next week with a great performance that they could have put in this week.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Lots of individual effort from about 2/3 of the team but not a spark of team together activity. Farrell put in a sterling effort himself and Kevin Brown continues to get more impressive but the rest were nowhere. Hock and Robinson finding it harder in their 2nd season, for my money Craig Smith doesn't look fully fit as he spends too much of the game in front of the ball. Orr had another poor game and Aspinwall on the wing, although essential with all our injuries, is a waste of his talents.
We are going to struggle against the Wire in both our matches :(
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Lots of individual effort from about 2/3 of the team but not a spark of team together activity. Farrell put in a sterling effort himself and Kevin Brown continues to get more impressive but the rest were nowhere. Hock and Robinson finding it harder in their 2nd season, for my money Craig Smith doesn't look fully fit as he spends too much of the game in front of the ball. Orr had another poor game and Aspinwall on the wing, although essential with all our injuries, is a waste of his talents.
We are going to struggle against the Wire in both our matches :(
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

"black cat " posted:
when you say" turn saints over" i dont think any self respecting rugby fan with any basic knowledge of the game knows we hav'nt got a cat in hells chance of beating them at the moment .maybe its not what your wanting to hear but the truth hurts sometimes.
This time last season were just as bad as you poined out a different thread yet 'we turned Saints over' last season. There's a lot of local lads in the team and Saints is a big game and they're bound to be up for that. I doubt we'll hammer them like in latter games last year but we'll certainly play better than we did today! We can't play worse!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Well we know there's talent in the squad. We'll have Cassidy and Scully back, I'm expecting Cass will be a lot fitter than he was in his first game back. Faz will be driving the lads and we'll link up well with runners either side of the ball carrier. Certainly won't be easy but it certainly isn't beyond the squad we have got. Just need to shape themselves, this can be the turning point we need.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

i sat right up near the drums and sang my heart out for the lads and they played awful. if we had been playing stains today they would have put fifty past us.mike gregory is going to have to get a grip of the team and sort out the problems. stuart raper found out to his cost that mr lyndsey doesnt take failure to well!you can blame the ref the salary cap the injuries or anything else but wigan simply aren't playing as a team there not playing for each other. the talent in our team is massive and its up to him to get the best out of the players.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

The two words that everyone seems to be searching for is UTTER CRAP. That is how our lads, with the exception of 2 or 3, played. Gregory is going to have to squeeze some round squiggy bits onsome of the players to see if they are alive or not. On todays performance I think some of them had died and forgot to lie down.

Looking on the brighter side we cannot play that bad again. Can we?

:(
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

look...its no suprise. your paying far too much of your salary cap on two or three players £160.000-£200.000 contracts, we all know who...? Saints will run into the same problems once they receive a couple of injuries too. Bradford have got it right and Warrington are following their example. pay em more or less the same. :eusa16:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

primrose-n-blue posted:
look...its no suprise. your paying far too much of your salary cap on two or three players £160.000-£200.000 contracts, we all know who...? Saints will run into the same problems once they receive a couple of injuries too. Bradford have got it right and Warrington are following their example. pay em more or less the same. :eusa16:
I didn't think we had anyone on £200k, Faz was on a £1m/6year contract which is £166k/year. But in any case your arguement would be sensible except that he was generally considered to be the best Wigan player and so must be earning his pay. I still find Bradford's salary plan bemusing, perhaps they pay their players in Australian and New Zealand dollars rather than GBP in order to get round the salary cap (£2.8m gives approximately AUS$6.75m or NZD7.8m, paying someone 100k can make quite a difference depending upon the currency).

As for you lot, good on you for getting a squad under the salary cap, but really apart from Lee Briers you don't have any big name stars who would want top money, you don't have many internationals in your team. It's a fact of life that if your players are at the peak of the sport (ie representing their countries) then they will demand a higher salary. If we don't pay them, someone else will. We have a team full of representative players, so we have to deal with the consequences of that.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
WindleWarrior

Post by WindleWarrior »

Are we not allowed an off day??? :roll:

Normal service will be resumed Good Friday at 12:45.

Thankyou.