Organised

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: Security

Post by robjoenz »

Bloody hell, there's no pleasing some people :wink:

Where would you suggest is a better venue for the Challenge Cup final than the Millenium Stadium. It's a fantastic stadium with a brilliant atmosphere, but when you have 25,000 people all needing the toilet at the same time you're bound to have to queue!

I admit the security is a bit inconsistent, surely they could smell the difference between orange juice and a molatov cocktail.

We are never going to have the Glory teams with Gill, Offiah, Gregory, Edwards, Hampson etc whilst there is a salary cap in place. Anyway, who wants to see their team win by 40 points or more every game and win everything year in year out? It's boring! I think we are very much still one of the teams to beat, look how happy people are when they defeat us.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

It annoys me when we start going on about players of the past, those players are not coming back and are not going to win wigan anything. Our lads at the moment need all the support they can get and comparing them to greats of the PAST, will get us nowhere. The glory days at central park are over, but we have a good future with the lads at the JJB.
not enough toilets for the people at an event like that.
There never are enough toilets at stadiums, Old Trafford is the same and they actually have less cubicles in the 'ladies' there too, but when building a big stadium like that theres only so much room for bars/toilets/seats. I know we only have 25000 at the most at the JJB but you queue for at least 20 minutes anytime ya want to go there, and at Central park and Knowsley "no water, driers, toilet roll" Road, ahem well speaks for itself really!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Tickle's Warbabe

Post by Tickle's Warbabe »

No there isnt pleas'in some people, i agree. Coz i aint pleased. In fact fed up with payin money to see games were they dont try. People near me in Cardiff said the same. Lots of mutterin went on when Wigan didnt tackle and let Saints run around in the sunshine. I get paid to do a job and if i didnt do it 100% id be pulled up. Oh i dont know anymore and i dont care i need to get a life instead of comin on this site. Wigan just aint the same for me anymore.
Its not just coz they didnt win, its lots of stuff, just dont get the same buzz anymore. Sorry guys been taken to see Wigan since i was seven years old and i just aint got the heart anymore. Good luck an all for the future. Over and out Tickles Warbabe.
pacman

Post by pacman »

Sing when your winning, you only sing....... :conf:

Once a glory hunter always a glory hunter
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I've been going since I was little too and theres people on here who've been going for 20 odd years and are still supporting us like true fans do. I hate losing especially to Saints but we can't really complain, can I remind you that that is the first game they've beaten us since 2002, the year that we also beat them in the Challenge Cup and who put them out of the Grand Final last year?
There's a lot of things changed in rugby since the 80's but I wouldn't say more bad than good. In the end we've got a bigger and better ground (I loved central park but it was time to move on) we've got a lot of homebred youngsters and I think a promising future.

But all thats irrelevant, if we were playing on a field in a rough scruffy place, with big fat alkis from a local pub and winning eff all, I'd still be a cherry and white *tear rolls down cheek*
I would have thought any true wiganer would say the same thing...

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Sounds like someones missing their youth!

I do often wonder though why is it there were around 30,000 Wigan fans there the other day and only 11,000 on average at the JJB. Are you one of those 19,000 Tickles Warbabe? Apologies if I am wrong.

Having rewatched the game last night I think I was hasty the other day to say we rolled over and died, we were just trying too hard at times and playing panic rugby, they forced mistakes and you have to congratulate them for that! Afterall that's how we beat a spirited Warrington in the semis!

I don't know about many other people on here but I'm a relatively new Wigan fan, I used to go and watch Manchester United every game at Old Trafford and it wasn't until I got bored one week and attended a Wigan game that I fell in love with the sport. The thought of taking up watching football again instead of RL, where there is too little passion and too much money, is one that seriously confuses me! Every RL game has excitement, passion and a great set of friendly fans. We might not be seeing the glory of the early '90s but what's the alternative?

I would suggest those 19,000 there the other day and that will be there at Old Trafford come October (with any luck) will get down the JJB for the whole season when the players need support most!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Live in hope my fellow Warriors!
Give our lads time and support and they will bring back the trophies. Don't bugger off and leave them now. You're meant to support the team to make them win not support them because they're winning

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
redhead

Post by redhead »

Ive been supporting Wigan for 20 years and I love them win or lose...you shout a bit more when they lose and cheer a bit more when they win but you should still go back every week...all teams have bad times.I would hate to be in Castlefords shoes at the moment and Im sure they would love to be in ours but I still go whatever we are no longer in the 80's and we were the first team to go prefessional which is why we kept beating everyone I fine the games much more exciting now as you carnt always say the results. The point is I LOVE WIGAN...WIN OR LOSE
the little walnut