Higham or Newton For GB?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Higham or Newton For G...

Post by pedro »

Roby....hes looking good but I suppose that wasnt the question :doz:
BUZZ337

Post by BUZZ337 »

HIGHAM , because he plays for US !

Joking aside NEWTON is a fantastic player but a HOTHEAD, he'll slaughter us with penalties and you all know what will happen playing the ANZACS and gifting them with easy points.

HIGHAM , HIGHAM , HIGHAM :D
warriordp

Re: Higham or Newton For GB?

Post by warriordp »

what a biased lot you are 'higham isnt in the same class as terry. you all seem to have such short memories aswell. higham hasnt had quite the season we expected /he was second choice at stains and would also be second choice here if doris hadnt sold terry you should be ashamed and take off the cherry and whie blinkers
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

warriordp posted:
what a biased lot you are 'higham isnt in the same class as terry. you all seem to have such short memories aswell. higham hasnt had quite the season we expected /he was second choice at stains and would also be second choice here if doris hadnt sold terry you should be ashamed and take off the cherry and whie blinkers
Hmm, maybe someone else with blinkers. Does it really matter if he was first or second choice anywhere? What you will find difficult to dispute is that he has had a bit impact at Wigan, his speed from dummy half has caused a lot of teams a lot of problems and he has a been a big factor in our return to form in recent weeks.

You've obviously forgotten that for a lot of last season, Newton was pretty anonymous on the pitch, with Godwin looking a lot more interested when he came on. Perhaps it was the pressure of being captain, or just loss of form, but Terry last year was not as effective as Higham this year. And I've not even mentioned the several-month ban...!

Players should be picked on current form, not on whether they are first or second choice players or on past reputations. If the coaching staff's opinion is that Newton's not doing the job this year as well as other players, then those other players should get the nod ahead of him.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

On Higham's current form I'd go with him, but I'd still have a look at Newton during the play-offs.. at the moment Higham.
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
Susi

Post by Susi »

My heart says out Tez he's experienced and he's a quality player. However he does seem to lose it a bit in these matches. Perhaps we could put other one on and play Tez from bench.
They could work well together.
Our no 9 has really improved latter part of the season so he stands a reasonable chance of a place.
Just make sure tez gets on too.
Wayne's World

Post by Wayne's World »

mrs feka posted:
My heart says out Tez he's experienced and he's a quality player. However he does seem to lose it a bit in these matches. Perhaps we could put other one on and play Tez from bench.
They could work well together.
Our no 9 has really improved latter part of the season so he stands a reasonable chance of a place.
Just make sure tez gets on too.
can you not say his name mrs feka, (higham that is) :lol:
Susi

Post by Susi »

.[/quote]can you not say his name mrs feka, (higham that is) :lol: [/quote]

Erm that would be no you've done well for me to give him no 9. :)
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs feka posted:

can you not say his name mrs feka, (higham that is) :lol: [/quote]

Erm that would be no you've done well for me to give him no 9. :) [/quote]da da da da mickey higham :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
heydude

Post by heydude »

for me have newton on for the first 20 minutes of each half then bring higham on for quick dummy half runs when their forwards are tiring.
don't eat yellow snow