Who is going to the latics game?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Cruncher

Re: Who is going to the la...

Post by Cruncher »

Fraggle posted:
latics_01 posted:
wot game is it latics fans will get tickets 4 ?? bet its da french team becoz u only get 12,000 on 4 that match :) :)
Please type in English, rather than txt spk.

As it is, given that our season is 5 months away and the fixture list several months away from being released, no-one has any idea what fixture you lot might be given free tickets for.
Nor does anyone care.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Cruncher posted:
Fraggle posted:
latics_01 posted:
wot game is it latics fans will get tickets 4 ?? bet its da french team becoz u only get 12,000 on 4 that match :) :)
Please type in English, rather than txt spk.

As it is, given that our season is 5 months away and the fixture list several months away from being released, no-one has any idea what fixture you lot might be given free tickets for.
Nor does anyone care.
I would be interested to see if any of them take up the offer. We're always being told that the only reason we get so many fans is because we give away lots of free tickets (as happened for them this weekend!), with such a mentality I would not expect any of them to want to swell our crowds even if they don't have to pay. Although to be honest I would be very happy for lots of them to come along and experience some rugby, one or two of them might even enjoy themselves.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Johnnie B Good

Post by Johnnie B Good »

I too took advantage of the freebie. Went with a football fan (not Latics and who I haven't been able to convert). Neither of us thought much of the game. Didn't like seeing the ground blue and white rather than Cherry and white. Didn't rate the atmosphere very much. Certainly didn't compare with our games late in the season, though frankly not much would! Thanks Mr Whelan for the chance, but I will be staying with the real thing!
XxX_Wigan_Til_I_Die_XxX

Post by XxX_Wigan_Til_I_Die_XxX »

Flash posted:
latics_01 posted:
Which is the highest attendance for any match in Superleague involving Les Catalans. What is your point?
and i wonder how many fans latics would get if they played 1-2 matches of their season abroad :eh: . knowing the unfairness shown between latics and the mighty warriors, you'll probably end up with free tickets to wigan v saints or something like that. but no matter what game you get invited to for free, i can guarantee it will go above and beyond what you lot have come to expect from a latics game.
...*...[..e..m..m..a..]...*...
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I played football to a very good standard and one aspect of the typical Wigan Athletic supporter I found annoying was many had no idea how to play the game and could not do so but they believed they were experts regarding football.

I used to watch a lot of football and attended Wigan Athletic matches but gradually the game changed. The rules and their interpretation created a game of play acting, cheating and defensively minded tactics. 1970s and before football was far more exciting.

My father again an outstanding footballer said to me during a period of harsh weather. I will take you to the rugby, you will see far more entertainment in 5 minutes than a 100 minutes of football. He was right.

Therein lies the key. The posters here prefer watching rugby league so a Wigan Athletic supporter coming here is wasting his time and serving to antagonise the rugby league fan. That antagonism has created a lot of ill feeling and really the football side I.E the supporters need to make some kind of apology.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
Therein lies the key. The posters here prefer watching rugby league so a Wigan Athletic supporter coming here is wasting his time and serving to antagonise the rugby league fan. That antagonism has created a lot of ill feeling and really the football side.
However, there are some football fans who are just so passionate about their sport and truely believe that it is greater than rugby league that they wish to shout it from the rooftops in an attempt to try and sway the RL supporter to their preferred sport.
Bear

Post by Bear »

latics_01 posted:
Ya But 12,000 more than you get!
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
NTA1

Post by NTA1 »

BTW I have been watching Wigan Rugby for 20 years and I'm positive your knowledge is not greater than mine. :wink: [/quote]

Behave you 2, you are beginning to sound like a Harry Enfield Sketch!!! Next it will be I'm considerably richer than you!!!!!

Proud to say it though, I am also season ticket holder for both Latics and Warriors and have supported both my Home Town Teams for 30+ years.

If both teams were playing on the same day/night, if the timings allowed, I would watch both, otherwise I would go to watch the team that I did not see the last time the same situation arose.

Not all Latics fans are biased and hooligans. Some of us are very very loyal to Warriors, hence being on this site right now!
xjodiexwarriorsx

Post by xjodiexwarriorsx »

i went to latics! :)
it was good but i didnt enjoy it as much as warriors :)
BRIAN N0BLES BARMY ARMY _ *
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

When it boils down to it, does it matter?
DW obviously see's this as a way of increasing gates at what would be a fairly low attendance game.
I didn't wish to take part and as such chose not to take up his very kind offer.
I haven't heard of any hassle received by Warriors fans who went to the football and as such would expect any of the football fraternity that take up the similar offer next season to be treated accordingly.
You never know, we might even convert a few! :doz:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered