Danny Ward :(

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
eccywarrior

Re: Danny Ward :(

Post by eccywarrior »

i think he will be a good signing. he was a class player at leeds and suprised everybody by moving to cas and had a decent season there. hes only 25.
IN WANE WE TRUST
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

RAVINGWARRIOR posted:
i think he will be a good signing. he was a class player at leeds and suprised everybody by moving to cas and had a decent season there. hes only 25.
Ward is a very strong runner and has talent but he has to main problems:

1. He forgets that thing called the rugby ball...alot
2. He gives way too many penalties....more than Logan!

Also he didn't surprise me by going to Cas because he was kicked out of Leeds and Cas were about the only club really interested in him
Raven04

Post by Raven04 »

am sure they could have got someone better than danny ward? crist the first sign of any presure and he lose's the ball. this must have been a desision when they were in the pub. for me its signing a player just for the sake of it. but he must have been cheap thats the only reason i can think off. :conf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Michael Vella has just gone to Hull KR. and we get Danny droppsy :roll:
Raven04

Post by Raven04 »

i no what you meen cpwigan. theres something wrong somewere? there seem to be some very odd rumors going around about a few players from most teams. may be next year it may be who can sign the crapest player instead of the best ones. :D
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

adrenalinxx posted:
RAVINGWARRIOR posted:
Ward is a very strong runner and has talent but he has to main problems:

1. He forgets that thing called the rugby ball...alot
2. He gives way too many penalties....more than Logan!

Also he didn't surprise me by going to Cas because he was kicked out of Leeds and Cas were about the only club really interested in him
He was kicked out the week before the start of last season, there was only Cas who had the money to fit him in under the cap.
bertina

Post by bertina »

cpwigan posted:
Michael Vella has just gone to Hull KR. and we get Danny droppsy :roll:
I said it when this signing was first mentioned, and I'll say it again now, if Danny Ward is the best we can come up with, salary cap or not, then something is seriously amiss.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

medlocke posted:
So Lockers now has somebody to compete with in the penalty stakes :wink:
Shame we don't have someone on here to compete with you in the "don't let the facts alter your opinion" stakes....
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jinkin jimmy posted:
medlocke posted:
So Lockers now has somebody to compete with in the penalty stakes :wink:
Shame we don't have someone on here to compete with you in the "don't let the facts alter your opinion" stakes....
Did lockers not give away a lot of penaltys last season for high tackles, i think he did, thats a fact. but yet we see a player who might be coming to this club and people are slagging him off, as far as i can see he had a bad season like lockers yet for some reason lockers gets away with it for some reason, i hope Ward is coming to the club he is a good player who has lost his way and Nobby will get the best from him. Its a shame so many on here take it all to seriously about Lockers. I just wonder if lockers has a crap season next year will everybody be so quick to big him up or will they be slagging him.

seeing as though im always being told to check the stats, is there an actual site that tells you exactly how many penaltys/high tackles/knock ons/etc a player has performed in a season, so its all the bad stats so i can compare good with bad
superleague

Post by superleague »

is it actually official that we have signed millard and withers or are they still just rumours