Squad v Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Squad v Huddersfield

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:17 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:57 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:55 pm Tommy misses KPP out soo much. We've got to get him into the game. Swap him with bibbey occasionally I reckon. He'd put his winger in loads with that backhand offload he's got.
What about loose forward? He's big enough, I'd love to see what he could at loose with Hastings and Smith in the halves
I’ve saying exactly the same thing for several weeks!!
I guess we don't use LF as a ball handling position at the moment. It can be just a middle (as we played today) with the FB very much invovled in the line ( again as Hastings played that role today with almost as many touches as the two halves), or it can be more of a ballplayer.

I think KPP is wasted running inside lines as a dummy runner, and even if he gets the balls, that's not the line he looks dangerous on. However we get him more involved I'd be all for it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Shorrocks is a natural 13 good ball handling skills and a grafter. Much better prospect than Partington,, runs hard but doesn’t break any tackles,O’Neil made more yards in 2 runs than Powell did all game. KPP again his best positions are second row or centre where he can get the offloads. Hanley went well and got better as the game went on. Plenty positives for next year with the right coach.

Considering Lam is supposed to be an attacking coach, our attack is clueless and when you think we have the most creative half back in the league, then that justifies why Lam needs to be replaced next year. I can see another classic on Friday!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:29 pm The SL has got to do something about players going down for minor injuries and asking for the game to be stopped. It's being abused too much. Is it time for a player having to leave the pitch for a number of tackles if treatment has been given on the pitch? Yes it would penalise the genuinely injured. But until theres a downside to stopping the game players are clearly going to do it at will.

When are wire getting done then :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah it was me saying that Shorrocks was essentially playing a 13 role anyway, and I agree with the consensus that he isn't doing a bad job at all for the moment, and that KPP would be much more valuable at second-row or even centre. But now can we sort out our prop rotation, please?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

BTW did you notice, in last week's game, Sky were still talking about Shorrocks' "my brother Jake". They really do their research, don't they? :roll:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Clive Tyldesley would have been better briefed.